• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Transformation (Maths)

Reaction score
no not yet.. id ask for sure if there'd be any... i didnt solve really many questns so not much prblms either..=D

Reaction score
so in the first part we see that the figure's been stretched...! SO the transformation is a stretch...as its horizontally dun so its "along the x-axis" or wid x-axis inv line...!! Now we calculate the stretch factor....dist of P to Y/ dist of P to inv line....=2/1=2..!

Reaction score
for (a) we can see that the shape changes only in one direction n the area changes too so it is stretch with stretch factor 2 as distance of Y and Z is 2 from y-axis and that of P and Q is 4,, so 4/2 is k=2
(b) suppose the translation ( x,y) (id be using comma cuz vertically likhna possble nhn yahan) then
(x,y)+(1,2)=(9,2) these r the coordinates of B and B'. solve and answer comes (8,0)
(bii) A' (4,0) and B' (-7,-2) i dunno how to explain the method sorry
and the shear factor comes 4 as it is object to image dist/ invariant to object distance.. i.e. 8/2 = 4
i noe its not much of help but still i tried =)

Reaction score
4 the second part we subtract the subsequent elements of the transformation matrix..!
for first elements...9-1=8
for second elements....2-2=0
so transformation matrix bcumz (8,0).

Reaction score
Maleeha said:
sory ghalia i didnt noe u had rplied.. i startd it earlier =(
Oh even i didnt know...i posted and saw ur post....
chalo koi nhi...
I hope ur helped ibadsiddiqui..! :)

Reaction score
I love transformations!!!! Easy topic... There are many ways of solving them... For factor if its clear in the image just divide the length of image by the length of object... Be careful to use the corresponding side.... Its not for shear though for shear its posted on the first page...

Reaction score
I DONT KNOW ANY OV EM BY HEART...............i know how to make them as i know the changes tht occur to (x,y) in every major transformation.... ITS DIFFICULT TO RATAFICATE ALL :p

Reaction score
For clockwise (90 degree)
(0 1)
(-1 0)

Anticlockwise (90 degree)
(0 -1)
(1 0)

180 degree
(-1 0)
(0 -1)

Origin (0,0)