• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

University Advice

Reaction score
So I'm studying right now in Canada and God knows how many hurdles I had to overcome to get here. I always though grades is the main requirement and I got really good grades in A Levels. But once you start 'University hunting' after you're done with your A levels you'll be in a new world. So the most important thing that you will realize very soon after you start is that universities have deadlines. It's seems so obvious but seriously you need to apply before those and these change by every country or even different universities in a country. It doesn't matter what your grades are if you didn't even apply.
So here is a piece of advice from me that I wish someone had given me, if you just got into AS or A2, this is a 'GO' signal for starting to find the right university. Everyone of us has different criteria, some of us want to study abroad, some of us want that highly ranked university, others can't afford an expensive university but want to study abroad. All these things, you need to sit down with your parents and decide what you're looking for, and then find universities that match your requirement, and trust me the harder part has just started, when you start visiting these universities, only then will you realize how much work it is to get the right information for a university, especially when its your first time. Every university has a different website, so I can't just write a guide you'll have to learn that with practice, as surprising it sounds, it can be hard to collect information from websites.
Next when you've picked some universities, make sure you have backups, you never know for what reason you might not be able to go to one university and then you need a second or perhaps third options. Once that's over, write down all the information on a paper or word document whatever with links to the website. List their requirements and see what you have and what you don't, if you're applying abroad, you'll often need to give an IELTS exam so know it before your deadline is next month and you get a mail from the university saying you need to present an IELTS certificate. List all their deadlines too, its REALLY easy to confuse deadlines between different universities, and its not pretty when you're like hey maybe I should apply today and then you go to their website and you're like **** I thought the deadline was next week or something. Some universities especially in Pakistan and India have entrance exams too which are sometimes substitutable by SATs but not always so check that too.
Once everything is done, you'll have to get a visa which is a process on another level but I can't say specifics because every country has different procedure. But apple AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, seriously the day you get acceptance letter just apply, you never know I got delayed by a month because people were having strike in the Canadian embassy, this made me miss like 20 days from university and that was pretty significant. As you can already see, this whole going to university thing is a huge process, that's why you should start a year prior to the one you're finishing A Levels in, or atleast if you're giving exams in May/June then start by the January of that month.
That's about it, there's much more but I can't list everything. If you have any questions just ask me, and if you need help with universities or visa related to Canada, I can help with that too.
Good Luck, May Allah Help Us All.

Reaction score
So I'm studying right now in Canada and God knows how many hurdles I had to overcome to get here. I always though grades is the main requirement and I got really good grades in A Levels. But once you start 'University hunting' after you're done with your A levels you'll be in a new world. So the most important thing that you will realize very soon after you start is that universities have deadlines. It's seems so obvious but seriously you need to apply before those and these change by every country or even different universities in a country. It doesn't matter what your grades are if you didn't even apply.
So here is a piece of advice from me that I wish someone had given me, if you just got into AS or A2, this is a 'GO' signal for starting to find the right university. Everyone of us has different criteria, some of us want to study abroad, some of us want that highly ranked university, others can't afford an expensive university but want to study abroad. All these things, you need to sit down with your parents and decide what you're looking for, and then find universities that match your requirement, and trust me the harder part has just started, when you start visiting these universities, only then will you realize how much work it is to get the right information for a university, especially when its your first time. Every university has a different website, so I can't just write a guide you'll have to learn that with practice, as surprising it sounds, it can be hard to collect information from websites.
Next when you've picked some universities, make sure you have backups, you never know for what reason you might not be able to go to one university and then you need a second or perhaps third options. Once that's over, write down all the information on a paper or word document whatever with links to the website. List their requirements and see what you have and what you don't, if you're applying abroad, you'll often need to give an IELTS exam so know it before your deadline is next month and you get a mail from the university saying you need to present an IELTS certificate. List all their deadlines too, its REALLY easy to confuse deadlines between different universities, and its not pretty when you're like hey maybe I should apply today and then you go to their website and you're like **** I thought the deadline was next week or something. Some universities especially in Pakistan and India have entrance exams too which are sometimes substitutable by SATs but not always so check that too.
Once everything is done, you'll have to get a visa which is a process on another level but I can't say specifics because every country has different procedure. But apple AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, seriously the day you get acceptance letter just apply, you never know I got delayed by a month because people were having strike in the Canadian embassy, this made me miss like 20 days from university and that was pretty significant. As you can already see, this whole going to university thing is a huge process, that's why you should start a year prior to the one you're finishing A Levels in, or atleast if you're giving exams in May/June then start by the January of that month.
That's about it, there's much more but I can't list everything. If you have any questions just ask me, and if you need help with universities or visa related to Canada, I can help with that too.
Good Luck, May Allah Help Us All.
i am in A2 when should i apply can u please give me link for the university in canada that u are studying in. did u gave ielts is that compulsory i thought o level english is acceptable