• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

University Eligiblity

Reaction score
I have got a really bad result in my Alevel's final. I have 3 C's in my As-level which i had hoped to maintain in my Alevels but now i have got 3 D's in my Alevel. I feel very much depressed. I was quite sure i could atleast maintain 2 of the 3 subjects but it all ended with 3 D's. I had Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

What i wanted to know if i'm still eligible to get admissions in Nust or Fast as they require 60% or above in equivilance of alevels i guess. Please i am not looking to repeat my full Alevels now. That would be too much frustrating since i would have to give all 3 full subjects.

My Nust test is on 20th August and i am on the waiting list for Fast. May Allah help me. So can someone please tell me if i can still get into Nust or Fast with these grades as i have heard these University's ask for your Alevels equvilance and that equvilance is given by combining your olevels equvilance which should be above 60% (combined).

Is that true? Since i had 79% equvilance of my olevels, how much would i end up for my alevels equivlace then?
Please some help me. In alot of pressure here. =(

Reaction score
Yes you can if you do well in aptitude tests.
Have your equivalence made as soon as possible. This will clear things up. Don't worry. In case you don't get into any university (Allah forbid) there's always an option of retaking the exams and then applying next year. Remember, life is not finished by getting bad grades.

Reaction score
But are you sure they only ask for the equvilance and not the grades?

And can i retake my exams after having made the equvilance cause from what i have heard you cannot reappear in any subjects after your equvilance has been made. And is it really necessary for me to improve my grades even after taking a gap year? Retaking alevels just seems so hard now. And that too i would have to give full 3 subjects in May/June since Oct/Nov is not an option.

Can't i just get my equvilance made and move on with it? I never intend to apply to LUMS, all i would apply to is Nust, Fast, Giki, Uet and that's it i guess. Not even looking to go abroad. I know all this sounds like that i'm trying to get rid of alevels but i worked so hard and still this is all i ended up with.

If (Allah forbid) i do take a gap year, I would give my SAT's and prepare well for the aptitude tests.

I really really hope and pray that i get into Nust this year InshAllah.

Reaction score
Oh and can someone make out the an approximation of what equvilance i would get of my Alevels considering the fact i have 79% equvilance of my Olevels. That would really help. =)

Someone who knows what method these IBCC guys use.

Reaction score
Yeah you're still eligible, If you could tell me your O level grades, I could tell you your total equivalence! :)

Reaction score
Subject wise?
Islamiyat - A (95%)
English - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Urdu - B (89%)
Physics - B
Maths - B
Pak. st - C (78%)

The equvilance i got for my olevels is 78.77%
I hope your method of finding is somewhat accurate. :p

Reaction score
Awright then, Yes it's pretty accurate, you don't need to worry =D
Ok What they do is take 5 subjects of your O levels & 3 of your A levels, so you got 78.77% in you r O levels, That makes it almost 394/500, OK? Now we'll add the 3 Ds you got, Each D accounts for 55 so your total becomes 559/800. Now you know that FSc is out of 1100 right? so that makes your score 768/1100 which is a 69%!
Eligible enough! :)

Reaction score
Is it 69.something or pretty much 69%? :p
It would be great if it touches 70%. :p

So even if i do take a gap year, i pretty much shouldn't worry about my Alevels and focus on my SAT's and aptitude tests? That is what i would love to do.
Btw i cannot thank you enough for helping me out. ^_^

Reaction score
Gawd I don't remember =P
I don't think so, Go ahead with your SATs & aptitude tests. Good luck!
& it's no problem!

Reaction score
hey could you work out my equivalence aswell
i got a B C and a D in As levels ..:( :( :(

Reaction score
Are you guys sure that Nust asks for the aggregate equvilance of your Alevels which should be 60% above?
Some people say they ask for each of your Olevels and Alevels equvilance seperatly. And in that way my Alevels equvilance is nowhere near 60%. :shock:

Can someone please confirm about how they ask for the equvilance? As in aggregate (combined) or seperatly?

Reaction score
Edifier said:
I have got a really bad result in my Alevel's final. I have 3 C's in my As-level which i had hoped to maintain in my Alevels but now i have got 3 D's in my Alevel. I feel very much depressed. I was quite sure i could atleast maintain 2 of the 3 subjects but it all ended with 3 D's. I had Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

What i wanted to know if i'm still eligible to get admissions in Nust or Fast as they require 60% or above in equivilance of alevels i guess. Please i am not looking to repeat my full Alevels now. That would be too much frustrating since i would have to give all 3 full subjects.

My Nust test is on 20th August and i am on the waiting list for Fast. May Allah help me. So can someone please tell me if i can still get into Nust or Fast with these grades as i have heard these University's ask for your Alevels equvilance and that equvilance is given by combining your olevels equvilance which should be above 60% (combined).

Is that true? Since i had 79% equvilance of my olevels, how much would i end up for my alevels equivlace then?
Please some help me. In alot of pressure here. =(
u can always apply!!! ppl with E's can also apply!! dont be depressed!! just work hard for the test and pray to GOD!

Reaction score
hey edifier as far as i noe u have got to get a separate equivalency for both ur O levels and A levels..:)

Reaction score
Re: Re:

kamina1 said:
the equivalency done by edifier just implies for FAST..coz they have their own equivalency criteria mentioned on the site..whereas NUST requires separate equivalencies..i got 78.8% in o level but am not eligible for its test coz i scored D D E in A levels..
http://www.nust.edu.pk/usr/UG-Ineligibi ... teria.aspx
But don't we get the equvilance combined of Alevels with Olevels when we give our certificates to IBCC?

Just like aquariangurl did. They take 5 subjects from our olevels and 3 subjects from our alevels and after that we get out Alevels equvilance. And that is what we submit to all univerisity's that only ask for the equvilance and not the grades.

How can we get separate equivalencies? I don't think the IBCC issues you two certificates. As in one which is Olevels and Alevels combined and one that is only Alevels seperate since your saying different university's ask for different equivlancies. That sounds total bs to me. No offence.

Reaction score
Re: Re:

Edifier said:
kamina1 said:
the equivalency done by edifier just implies for FAST..coz they have their own equivalency criteria mentioned on the site..whereas NUST requires separate equivalencies..i got 78.8% in o level but am not eligible for its test coz i scored D D E in A levels..
http://www.nust.edu.pk/usr/UG-Ineligibi ... teria.aspx
But don't we get the equvilance combined of Alevels with Olevels when we give our certificates to IBCC?

Just like aquariangurl did. They take 5 subjects from our olevels and 3 subjects from our alevels and after that we get out Alevels equvilance. And that is what we submit to all univerisity's that only ask for the equvilance and not the grades.

How can we get separate equivalencies? I don't think the IBCC issues you two certificates. As in one which is Olevels and Alevels combined and one that is only Alevels seperate since your saying different university's ask for different equivlancies. That sounds total bs to me. No offence.
u have to get an equivalence certificate for O levels first!then u need to apply for A levels equivalence!!!!!and they donot take 5 subjects from O levels!!!
A level equivalence is of 3 subjects only!!