• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu 9686 for 2016

Reaction score
A level urdu by Syed Nadeem Jaffar as a textbook for poetry is a good choice.
Its not necessary to prepare all poems and all poets, you may leave some on choice.

Just keep in mind you have to attempt 3 questions (including their parts) in total to solve your full "TEXTS" paper. I prepared Ghazals, Anarkali and Nazmay and I left Amrao Jan Ada and afsanay....and yes I got A*, Alhamdulillah.:)

If someone here needs, I'll share my notes too, on Essays and Novel etc.

Reaction score
Its not necessary to prepare all poems and all poets, you may leave some on choice.

Just keep in mind you have to attempt 3 questions (including their parts) in total to solve your full "TEXTS" paper. I prepared Ghazals, Anarkali and Nazmay and I left Amrao Jan Ada and afsanay....and yes I got A*, Alhamdulillah.:)

How to prepare for paper 2 & 3?

Reaction score
How to prepare for paper 2 & 3?
Practice, practice and only practice, both for essays and comprehension. For comprehension, nothing else is gonna help u other than past papers.
For essays, always read some texts before writing. Read some model essays. I had a book for O level Urdu by Shazia Islam (syllabus B) that had some sample essays on few topics and they really helped me as a model.
Another very useful way to make your writing powerful is to read Urdu newspapers and articles. I used to read columns and that provided me with enough vocabulary and strong arguments.

Personally I feel like the comprehension paper is the easiest one. But it also need practice. All I did was past papers of about 10 years.

Reaction score

If someone here needs, I'll share my notes too, on Novels and Essays etc.

Hello thankyou for information...., can you please help me with your notes? Really need them.., it will help alot

I am not at all good in urdu.., I need notes for all the papers. Most importantly for paper 3 and 4

Last edited:
Reaction score

I want to prepare for Anarkali and Nazmay for sure..., but still confuse if I should prepare from Gazals or Afsaane. I can only choose after i get notes to study. Plz help me.

Reaction score
Practice, practice and only practice, both for essays and comprehension. For comprehension, nothing else is gonna help u other than past papers.
For essays, always read some texts before writing. Read some model essays. I had a book for O level Urdu by Shazia Islam (syllabus B) that had some sample essays on few topics and they really helped me as a model.
Another very useful way to make your writing powerful is to read Urdu newspapers and articles. I used to read columns and that provided me with enough vocabulary and strong arguments.

Personally I feel like the comprehension paper is the easiest one. But it also need practice. All I did was past papers of about 10 years.
Can you guide from where should i prepare for gazal?

Reaction score
Hi, SadiaMaryam. I'm giving Urdu A level in less than a month and I really really really want an A/A*. I'm preparing Afsane, Anarkali and Old Nazms (Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Iqbal etc), will that suffice?
Also, are the examiners lenient? Do they penalize you harshly? Finally, would you regard Urdu as a 'soft' subject?

Reaction score

plz provide ur notes.