• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu B (Second Language) tips please?

Reaction score
I am very fearful of the fact that many many good students get Bs in Urdu B, despite it being such an easy subject.

Anyone who has scored an A* or an A in the subject, could you please give me suggestions? Anything at all would be sooooo appreciated.

Reaction score
I am very fearful of the fact that many many good students get Bs in Urdu B, despite it being such an easy subject.

Anyone who has scored an A* or an A in the subject, could you please give me suggestions? Anything at all would be sooooo appreciated.
Well MashAllah I got an A, I would suggest you to practice all the past papers from 2000 till 2011. If thats not possible do as many as you can but the more the better. And a tip, try doing your paper neat without cutting or crossing anything and good handwriting, that puts a better impression on the examiner :)

Reaction score
  • in urdu we have alot of time, so first read question, make points on sheet, divide time accordingly.
  • When you start to write, first have all the lines which u have to write.
  • write slowly and try to write in good handwriting.
  • recheck after every paragraph, not after all the paper.
  • Try to use easy words and simple lines. Don't use those words about which u are not sure. Complicated sentences can maybe make examiner confuse.
  • don't write about politics.
  • you can write till 200 words in q1 and 250 in q2 so write near to 190 and 240 approximately.

Reaction score
Well MashAllah I got an A, I would suggest you to practice all the past papers from 2000 till 2011. If thats not possible do as many as you can but the more the better. And a tip, try doing your paper neat without cutting or crossing anything and good handwriting, that puts a better impression on the examiner :)

Congrats on your A.

Do you remember making any mistakes? Getting Mahavraat wrong for instance?
And also, did you see students from whom you expected As getting Bs? Because I kinda have :/

Reaction score
Congrats on your A.

Do you remember making any mistakes? Getting Mahavraat wrong for instance?
And also, did you see students from whom you expected As getting Bs? Because I kinda have :/
I didn't learn any mahavras :cool: , with me 8 other of my class fellows appeared and all of them also got As and they all learned about 800 mahavras, mein tou yahi kehta hoon unko mahavre yaad kar ke konsa teer mara? mera grade bhi vohi hai aur unka bhi....I did two wrong and I even did 1 one of those words in the close passage wrong. The thing is you have to try to get full marks in your comprehension and close passage. Plus you need to cover all the points in your essay and letter or whatever skill you get ( in P1). Oh and learn five or six really difficult mahavras which are very rare and fit them into your essay and letter one way or another.

Reaction score
mahavrah from oxford book (about 120) are enough and mahavrah from them can only come in paper, believe me. No need to learn mahavrat other than them.

Oxford book?
Which one? :/ Could you please tell me its name :S

Reaction score
Many people lose marks in the translation part.. any tips or guidance regarding that of how to score good marks..??

Reaction score
Many people lose marks in the translation part.. any tips or guidance regarding that of how to score good marks..??
first write urdu word for each word in a sentence, then check which tense it is(past,present or future). then try to make a sentence which has all the words or atleast clearify full meaning of that sentence without changing. for example dont change "he writes in beautiful poetry" to "us ne khubsurat shairi likhi"(changed the tense) or "woh shairi likhta he"(escaped the word beautiful).
If you don't know meaning of any word just try to postulate the meaning of that in context and in urdu clear that concept so that examiner does not think u escaped something.
Hope it helps.

Reaction score
Yeah write abit more words also coz words like 'ka' and 'ki' are not counted, so after the examiner omits them from the total, your words should still be in the limit

Reaction score
first write urdu word for each word in a sentence, then check which tense it is(past,present or future). then try to make a sentence which has all the words or atleast clearify full meaning of that sentence without changing. for example dont change "he writes in beautiful poetry" to "us ne khubsurat shairi likhi"(changed the tense) or "woh shairi likhta he"(escaped the word beautiful).
If you don't know meaning of any word just try to postulate the meaning of that in context and in urdu clear that concept so that examiner does not think u escaped something.
Hope it helps.
oK THANKS for the help..