• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu B (Second Language) tips please?

Reaction score
hey there !
anyone who has scored A* or A THIS YEAR in urdu can plz help me with some following queries?
>do we also have to write the meanings of the muhavarat with the sentences?
>are the 3 letter words like: " ka, ki, us, ney, mey ..etc" counted in report, letter, essay, dialogue writing, speech and summary?
>are the words of address, city, date , subject and ending counted in the letter writing?
>is it compulsary to write any address in the letter or would it be ok with " alif bey jeem " ?
>and the things we shld take care of while doing paper?

plz whoever sees it do help me with my problems, i wuld b soo pleazd

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey there !
anyone who has scored A* or A THIS YEAR in urdu can plz help me with some following queries?
>are the 3 letter words like: " ka, ki, us, ney, mey ..etc" counted in report, letter, essay, dialogue writing, speech and summary?
>are the words of address, city, date , subject and ending counted in the letter writing?
>is it compulsary to write any address in the letter or would it be ok with " alif bey jeem " ?

plz whoever sees it do help me with my problems, i wuld b soo pleazd

>Yes...the meanings are to be written along with the muhawras (check out past papers)
>Yes all the words are included in the total word count though there is a little relaxation for you, like if the word limit is 150, you could go up till 160 but no more
> Yes...like I said above, everything is included from the start to end
I suggest that after solving past papers, read mark schemes and examiner reports, which would familiarize you with the common mistakes that candidates make

Reaction score
As for other tips for Urdu-B, since it's a language, it can't be improved overnight. For me, it was like a piece of cake cuz from our childhood, I've been reading a lot, magazines, books and everything which built my language skill. I never had any problem in Urdu or English at all. So, the more you read, the better is your language. You wouldn't believe that I only prepared Urdu in the last 10 days before my exams. If you have 6-month or a year to take your exams, you still have time. At this phase of your life, you obviously wouldn't like childish stories, so you'd better read Urdu magazines, articles or novels or newspapers. Just fix a time like an hour or two from your day for it, it would do. This, all, applies to English as well. For English, read classic novels of Jane Austen and Charles Dickens. But, of course, all of this requires time.

The next thing, you needa do, is practice past papers. After you think you have pretty much grabbed the basic skills and are now at least half-ready for your exam, start solving past papers. You need to solve it on your own, do your best at it and then check it out through Mark Scheme and never forget to read Examiner's Report. Be confident about what you attempt. It's Ordinary Level and examiners, fortunately, don't expect much from us. However, you need to be sure of the authenticity of what you are writing and you should be efficient in language.

Reaction score
As for other tips for Urdu-B, since it's a language, it can't be improved overnight. For me, it was like a piece of cake cuz from our childhood, I've been reading a lot, magazines, books and everything which built my language skill. I never had any problem in Urdu or English at all. So, the more you read, the better is your language. You wouldn't believe that I only prepared Urdu in the last 10 days before my exams. If you have 6-month or a year to take your exams, you still have time. At this phase of your life, you obviously wouldn't like childish stories, so you'd better read Urdu magazines, articles or novels or newspapers. Just fix a time like an hour or two from your day for it, it would do. This, all, applies to English as well. For English, read classic novels of Jane Austen and Charles Dickens. But, of course, all of this requires time.

The next thing, you needa do, is practice past papers. After you think you have pretty much grabbed the basic skills and are now at least half-ready for your exam, start solving past papers. You need to solve it on your own, do your best at it and then check it out through Mark Scheme and never forget to read Examiner's Report. Be confident about what you attempt. It's Ordinary Level and examiners, fortunately, don't expect much from us. However, you need to be sure of the authenticity of what you are writing and you should be efficient in language.

Thak u soo much for the help it ll defintly help me in my sub !
But may i ask u that in which year did u appear n what grade did u get ?

Reaction score
Thak u soo much for the help it ll defintly help me in my sub !
But may i ask u that in which year did u appear n what grade did u get ?
My pleasure!...I appeared in June of 2014, got 3A* (Urdu, Pak. Studies and English), one A (Physics) and the rest Bs

Reaction score
E
>Yes...the meanings are to be written along with the muhawras (check out past papers)
>Yes all the words are included in the total word count though there is a little relaxation for you, like if the word limit is 150, you could go up till 160 but no more
> Yes...like I said above, everything is included from the start to end
I suggest that after solving past papers, read mark schemes and examiner reports, which would familiarize you with the common mistakes that candidates make
Excuse me....I don't think so that we need to write the meanings of the mahawrats...its also not mentioned in the question, which only demands the sentences

Reaction score
E

Excuse me....I don't think so that we need to write the meanings of the mahawrats...its also not mentioned in the question, which only demands the sentences
oh yes! I just checked that and the meanings are not to be written, but that doesn't make any difference for you, for unless you don't know the proper meaning, you can't produce meaningful sentences.
zehra punjwani please note that....My apologies for creating confusion!

Reaction score
hey there !

i took the urdu exam in may 2015 and got an A*.
no, meaning is not required for muhavarat.
no, prepositions are not counted e.g. ki, ke etc.
i wrote alif-be-jeem in my letter.

my english is good but my urdu is pretty bad.
so, if your urdu vocabulary is not very good, do what i did: stick to the word limit and write in simple urdu but with completely accurate grammar.

Reaction score
i took the urdu exam in may 2015 and got an A*.
no, meaning is not required for muhavarat.
no, prepositions are not counted e.g. ki, ke etc.
i wrote alif-be-jeem in my letter.

my english is good but my urdu is pretty bad.
so, if your urdu vocabulary is not very good, do what i did: stick to the word limit and write in simple urdu but with completely accurate grammar.
O wow ! Thats grt ! Congratulations for that ! (y)
And thanku for answrng my questions ! But what about the wordz of address , city , date , subject , and ending in the letter ? Are they included in the word count ?

Reaction score
Reaction score
should we use complex vocabulary as it is used in many books related to the essays , letters , reports etc ?

Reaction score
should we use complex vocabulary as it is used in many books related to the essays , letters , reports etc ?
Yes u should but only if u'r sure about its meaning and use...if not, its better to use the simple one