• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu confusion

Reaction score
hey guyz........m bit confused coz sum people say that u should not use high vocabulary in urdu n sum say dat u shud use......so whats ur suggestion???????? :?

Reaction score
For Urdu B, we are required to use appropriate vocabulary whether its 'high' or simple. It just has to fit correctly in the sentence i.e. the usage of the word must be correct.

Reaction score
yeah..........dont use very high vocabulary but use normal ones.............as sadi by abcde tht the usage of the word must be correct.

Reaction score
for A* u should use high vocabulary......but moderate or medium vocabulary will not give A* u can get A easily.....and try to improve creativity...and comprehension......baki koi tension nahi sab clear ho jata hai.......mera to A aya tha

Reaction score
humari urdu ki teacher bari achi thi......unhon ne pehle se prediction laga k parchiyon main likh k de diya tha k bacho k kya grades aye ge.....maine result k baad dekha to A hi tha.....

Reaction score
My sister used hi fi urdu vocab
She Maashallah got an A* at 97

Reaction score
nthing else to say everyone said good but u certainly need high vocabulary so just like for eg u r using word (darakht fr tree i prefer using shajar)and cahnge words and explain ur knowledge comprehensively and as clearly as possible so that examiner understands what u want to say

Reaction score
Give us more examples Angel.of.darkness! :) i really appreciate that...

Reaction score
hmmmm gud.......but guys wat bot muhawarat.....there is a longggg list of them...so wat to do wid them.? :!:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Aliarshad1996 said:
hey guyz........m bit confused coz sum people say that u should not use high vocabulary in urdu n sum say dat u shud use......so whats ur suggestion???????? :?

It all depends!!!
HIGH CLASS vocabulary is only required in the Directed Writing task (whether its an Essay, a Letter, Speech or Dialogue Writing)
For Summaries you CANNOT use a very STRONG vocabulary as there are DEFINITE MARKS for the simplicity of your answer- in a SUMMARY WRITING QUESTION.

P.S This technique is applied to all the language subjects.
Hope this helps

Reaction score
@angel_of_darkness: I meant like shagar instead of darakht. I really need to beef up my vocab so throw more of this stuff here or p.m. me. Pleaseeee!!!
:)

Reaction score
@abcde dude i cant post very high amount words here so i rather suggest u reading urdu magazines and books or novels just like u have to do in english everyday if ur mind remembers atleast 10 good urdu words u will have alot of words until ur exam best ov luck ;)

Reaction score
alright, i'm trying.
P.S. I'm NOT a dude, dude! I'm a GIRL. Why do people think everyone on this forum is a boy! :p