• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent English Help

Reaction score
can i write a one word topic that is supposed to b discursive as a story? for example if the descursive topic cums lyk "jealousy", may i ryt a story on it? wat r the risks involved nd will i b penalised?

Reaction score
one more question: can v use words such as (shouldn't, couldn't, we'll) instead of their expanded forms.?
how will these words be counted? nd will it show more of informal tone than formal?

Reaction score
can i write a one word topic that is supposed to b discursive as a story? for example if the descursive topic cums lyk "jealousy", may i ryt a story on it? wat r the risks involved nd will i b penalised?
You can write a story. It is an open topic so you won't be penalized.

Reaction score
one more question: can v use words such as (shouldn't, couldn't, we'll) instead of their expanded forms.?
how will these words be counted? nd will it show more of informal tone than formal?
Contractions can only be used in dialogues, and they will be counted as two words (shouldn't will be counted as should and not.)
Do not use contractions in any other part of your paper as you will be penalized!!

Reaction score
some one told me that we have to describe the topic in these types of topics... correct me if i m wrong..!

Reaction score
some one told me that we have to describe the topic in these types of topics... correct me if i m wrong..!
i also learned that discursive topics r the ones in which v introduce the given topic. but redspot always treats them as a story....

Reaction score

yes you can write a story as it an open topic and don't follow the red spot answers..... :)

Reaction score
i also learned that discursive topics r the ones in which v introduce the given topic. but redspot always treats them as a story....
Please don't rely on the redspot answers!! If you aren't sure or are still in doubt do go through some marking schemes.

Reaction score
i usually dont rely on redspot pastpapers..! and you should also do the same..! :p

Reaction score

It depends...sometimes the one word essays are such that both an informative essay and a story can be written over them for e.g 'Jealousy' but sometimes the topic restricts you to write an informative essay over it for e.g 'Exercise'