• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent Geography help needed!!

Reaction score
the syllabus asks that a student should be able to STATE how much natural gas/oil,etc is produced by pakistan. my question is do we have to memorize these figures for the exam as its really tough to rattafy the produce of all minerals by pakistan?? am really confused!!!
Thanks in advance for ur help!!!

Reaction score
yes these figures are needed only for coal, gas and oil. it wont be hard to memorize 3 figures.

BEST OF LUCK!

Reaction score
@yousafs c: thx a lot man for dis!! i was going mad memorizing all of dm..
@waleed_khan1: the most important topics are agriculture, mining, population, natural resources and power!! prepare dm well and ull sure pass :) !!

Reaction score
and one more question, how long will these reserves last for???

Reaction score
thats one thing i could not find in the books either. So wat i did was divided the reserves by the yearly extractions to know the number of years they would last with the current extraction. and then rounded down because it is likely to increase.

This info is not of much use so u may skip it. or u may do what i did. It is not really important and is EXTREMELY unlikely to come.

Reaction score
and what about climate and fishing and natural topography and one more topic industries

Reaction score
from where u have studies these topics from huma naz sethi book rite did u solve past papers?

Reaction score
yea!! tht book suckz!! it has sooo much of xtra stuff nd i cdnt make out wots relevant nd wots not!! im tryin to solve'em, they r tough!!

Reaction score
I hate huma naz sethi's book also. I feel at times that she had a childhood dream of writing a 200 page book and she fulfilled it by dragging the book with irrelevant info upto 200 pages. Btw, ive met her in real life as well!

Reaction score
ooo shez alive?? i thought she must b long gone lyk most of the othr authors :p

Reaction score
nah!!! but due to the dangerous conditions in pakistan she has exiled to london. Wat an unpatriotic and cowardly woman! and she thinks she is a gud pak studies teacher? curse her!

Reaction score
yousafs c said:
nah!!! but due to the dangerous conditions in pakistan she has exiled to london. Wat an unpatriotic and cowardly woman! and she thinks she is a gud pak studies teacher? curse her!

hhaha lmao..im doing alevels..her daughter teaches sociology in our skewl!she double sux...so much body language nd no brain! =P

Reaction score
xarak said:
yousafs c said:

hhaha lmao..im doing alevels..her daughter teaches sociology in our skewl!she double sux...so much body language nd no brain! =P
Oh nice!!! the whole family is crazy and overconfident!

Reaction score
better leave natural topography! itx hell!
i want 2 ask dat can we answer da paper in point form???

Reaction score
The examiner has said again and again to answer in paragraph form. so to be on the safe side, do not write in points. If u leave nat top, then plz revise rest of the stuff really well. Surprisingly, I found nat top comparatively easier. i hated agriculture and industries, but ppl usually like these. :s anyways, best of luck!

Reaction score
I love the book written by huma naz sethi.She lives in Karachi.I met her many times.She is a nice person and an excellent teacher.She taught my friends and they all got excellent results.Love her book.No Pakistani author has ever made an effort to write a book on Pakistan according to international standards,All other geography books suck!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I agree with sheebakamil. Btw, i think writing in paras is a strict rule for isl and history (paper 1) only. for geography, writing in points is actually helpful and to-the-point. I did my paper 2 (geog.) like that and got an A*. It allows you to save time and gain marks at the same time. For this paper, always avoid unneccesary details. If you solve past papers, you may notice that the same concepts are repeated time and again. Remember that there is more concept than memorisation in geography papers. However memorisation is vital too.
Good Luck!