• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent help needed 4 English language.......

Reaction score
Guys kindly help me out as how to prepare 4 my O lvl eng paper im givin in dis may/june session........i wanna get an A* at any cost!!!!!! I want as many advices n suggestions as u can post....
Thanks in adv.

Reaction score
go through specimen papers.........answers .... practise compositions according to the new pattern..

Reaction score
thnx silent hunter...but can u kindly exp me da new pattern of da compostions.....
n also how can i improve my vocab....mine is nt as gud as required for achieving n A*?????
Thnx in adv.

Reaction score
Ill try to explain that new pattern.FIrst there used to come a essay of 40 marks but now the essay has been made to 30 marks while before directed writing was 20 marks and now it is 30 marks.Cie decreased the marks for essay because most students wasted most of their time on the essay and did not attempt the DIrected writing question that well so you have to get accustomed to this.

You can see in the attachment that the directed writings mark has increased and that there are 15 marks for task fulfilment (ie.writing on all the points given) and 15 marks for language previously there were only 5 marks for the task fulfillment.

Also the Paper 2 pattern has changed so you might want to look at the specimen paper for 2011 and its marking scheme.

AS FOR IMPROVING YOUR VOCABULARY READ NEWSPAPER IF EVEN ONLY THE SPORTS SECTION (ENGLISH ONES RIGHT!!! ;) )
AND GET SOME GOOD FICTION NOVELS TO READ IN SPARE TIMES OR THE BEST WAY IS TO TALK IN ENGLISH WITH ANY ONE AT HOME!! :p

Attachments

• 1123_y11_sm_11.pdf
    90.8 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
TheMasterMind said:
thnx scouserlfc.....r u givin eng now or u hav gvn already????

Nopes im not giving it in this june session ill give it in the next year.Youve given Urdu,Pak studies and islamiat right?
What was ur result if u have given it.?

Reaction score
Fukhanda noor n Ayesha tariq for islamiat, shazia islam for urdu n nigel kelly for geography n history tht green bk.......dunt rememba da names.....all dese r author names of tht bks!

Reaction score
i think it had a blue page man well okay as you say. :eek: :shock: :? :ugeek: :geek:

Reaction score
Really ?? I think it was white and had a green picture on the front cover !! Any way lets whatever it was who cares !! :D

Reaction score
@TheMasterMind:

well dude English is obviously the most important paper of all...for tht I would recommend tht u read as much novels as u can....remember one thing...you're never really prepared for it no matter what you do...

I'm also appearing this May for English nd u have like whole of April plus this March to read novels...read newspapers too...The tip is to note down the words you think u can use anywhere in your essay and then find out their meaning ...For entry level you have Shakespeare to read...I've been reading Agatha Christie but the problem is tht its English is fairly old but still
READ SOMETHING OR OTHER YOU HAVE TO DO IT TO GET AN A* !!!

And to implement that you have to write alot of essays and have it checked by your teacher...

COMPREHENSION is another part most of students don't pay attention to...Its very important because at times its easy while sumtimes its rather a too difficult attempt...take all the past papers from this site and the comprehensions attached and solve them...

I hope these help nd I pray to Allah SWT tht u perform well in your exams...gud luck !!