• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent Help Needed!!! Geography

Reaction score
Hi everyone, going to have my geography paper 2 exam tommorow. Anyone have notes or tips. Really need them.

Reaction score
OMGG! THANKS SO MUUUCH YOU SAVED MEEEE ='D because I have 3 exams tomorrow
AlphaWolf GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAM MAY ALLAH HELP YOU WITH IT AND INSHALLAH YOU WILL HAVE A PERFECT SCORE! AMEEEEN

Reaction score
I have to revise all geography course in one day and manage to get a A*. Good luck NoNo_10. hope you get an A*. Have to prepare for physics paper 6 in a couple of hours.

Reaction score
Oh btw, found something for you:

Does Anyone Else Have It With ICT Theory?! I'm Gonna Go Through Hell!

Paper 2:

Paper 2 is The Easiest Of All Papers. It Requires Skills such as knowing how to plot graphs, read maps, draw cross sections, plot employment structure points and interpret correlation between things on graphs for ex.

I suggest you have a general idea of how the symbols on the ordanance map look like so it saves up time. BTW There Is A Book Called Map Skills Geography For IGCSE. It is by Nelson Thornes And Is Really Good. If You Have Time Check Your Local Bookstore For It.

Go Through The Book Once several days before the exam because the questions could be about anything. G

Go to bed EARLY. My teacher told me to do this because if you sleep late you won't be able to concentrate.

Don't Spend Too Much Time Revising, Go Through Past Papers To Get A Solid Idea of how the questions are structured!

i Suggest That You Finish All The Questions Proceeding The 1st Map question, as it takes alot of time to find the things on the map.

Here is a site for tips for paper 2: http://greenfieldgeography.wikispaces.com/IGCSE and GCSE Geography Skills (Paper 2) and http://greenfieldgeography.wikispaces.com/IGCSE Geography Paper 2

Paper 1:

Paper 1 Is where you can choose themes that you are strongest in, which is great.

In The Syllabus They say that 2 questions are asked on each of the three themes , so 6 questions in all. You ONLY CHOOSE 3!! Dont waste your Time trying to solve them all, you wont do it properly, it is impossible to do it anyway.

Learn Some Good Case Studies and remember to include place specific information in part (c) of every question, try to discriminate it from general data like giving names of places and countries. This Is If You Want to get 7 marks out of 7. Most of the other questions require theory as well as thinking skills. So Dont Only Depend On the book. Geography is a lively course so it doesnt mean that you only write whats on the book in the exam. the examiners test your theory as well as your ability to analyse situations.

Paper 4:

Paper 4 is more of an analytical and thinking paper rather than theory. all of the information on the coursework the imaginary students do are given to you and hence all you need to do is extract them as well as use your mind to suggest hypothesis and data collection methods.
Here is a site for tips for paper 4: https://sites.google.com/site/igcsegeographynow/exam-time/paper-4

Here Are Some Examiners Tips: http://witherswikigeog.wikispaces.com/file/view/Examiner tips geography S04_2.pdf

Good Luck Everyone.

These Are Just Spme Tips That May/May Not Be What You Are Looking For. I tried my best anyway.

Remember Me In Your Prayers. Repeat After Me: Insha Allah We Will All Get A*. Ameen

Reaction score
I have 8 exmas these months Maths(extended), Physic(extended) and geography(extended). iF YOU NEED HELP IN MATHS, JUST ASK.

Reaction score
Quick Tip:

By experience, the best way to get A*s is to use this strategy. Do past papers, a lot. Ido about 26-30 past papers. Every time i make a mistake in more than two past papers i go watch online tutorials in the subject. By the time you do your exam you will be like experienced in the subject. Wish i have done this to all subject not only maths. Anyway, off to my physics paper 6 exam. Do dua and may Allah make you get them all A*s.

Reaction score
thank you so so much again <3 You can not imagine how grateful I am :p
Good strategy I will be using it because exams are coming up

Reaction score
Will use this thread to help each other and post our notes. This strategy helped get 2 A* last year. If you need any help and if i need help in geography we post iit here. What papers are u doing in geography? Extended or core?

Reaction score
I'm doing CIE Paper 1, 2 and 4 (alternative to coursework) for Geography.
Honestly, I don't know if it's core or extended :oops: because our teacher has left and from the beginning of the year and then the new teacher didn't give us much preparation. So yeah... I don't even have any geography notes but I will be revising the links you gave me =)