• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent Help Needed!!! Geography

Reaction score
I cant do any pastpaper because they dont give the OS map so what's the point. When finding the distance in a OS map how do you use the scale to find the distance. Do you line the starting point on zero???

You measure the distance using the piece of paper they provided for you. You mark the points that you are required to measure, (THEy are usually 2 points and put like marks on the paper to remember where they are) then you go to the scale and starting from the 0 you measure until the next point. ( if the distance is greater than the scale provided you mark on the maximum number scale they give you then you mark another point and label it with for ex: 600 m if the maximum number on the scale is 600 m) then you put the 600 m on the scale 0 and measure it again till the 2nd point. if the distance is again greater, repeat the steps. Hope that helped :)

Reaction score
wasn't it waaaay different from normal? like the topics you frequently see in past papers didnt come at all
and the picture description question was weathering and erosion, both of which i knew nothing about :(

Reaction score
wasn't it waaaay different from normal? like the topics you frequently see in past papers didnt come at all
and the picture description question was weathering and erosion, both of which i knew nothing about :(
exactly! i spend my time doing ICT tht I didn't have time to go through weathering and erosion

Reaction score
what were the right answers for that q?
for erosion i wrote bedding planes and erosion of softer rock from the waterfall, but i dont think ill get full 2 marks for that
weathering i wrote biological weathering due to plants growing in the cracks, and because i couldnt think of what else to write i wrote oxidation

for b i wrote about onion skin and oxidation

do you guys think that's right?

Reaction score
what were the right answers for that q?
for erosion i wrote bedding planes and erosion of softer rock from the waterfall, but i dont think ill get full 2 marks for that
weathering i wrote biological weathering due to plants growing in the cracks, and because i couldnt think of what else to write i wrote oxidation

for b i wrote about onion skin and oxidation

do you guys think that's right?
yup, i did like u and added some more stuff... it's probably correct

Reaction score
You measure the distance using the piece of paper they provided for you. You mark the points that you are required to measure, (THEy are usually 2 points and put like marks on the paper to remember where they are) then you go to the scale and starting from the 0 you measure until the next point. ( if the distance is greater than the scale provided you mark on the maximum number scale they give you then you mark another point and label it with for ex: 600 m if the maximum number on the scale is 600 m) then you put the 600 m on the scale 0 and measure it again till the 2nd point. if the distance is again greater, repeat the steps. Hope that helped :)

but you have to bring the piece of paper or string with you or is it provided?

Reaction score
Hey i need geography paper 4 notes. Anyone of you has done geo exampaper42 alternative to coursework?

Reaction score
is anyone doing the computer based paper (paper 5)? :/ How does the grading system work when youre doing it, any idea?