• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

URGENT! Need to know about a calculator

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently using a Casio fx991 es plus calculator for all subjects and its a really great cal....
However I've heard rumors that it isn't allowed for Cambridge OL exams for some reason. Could anyone please tell me whether it could be used or not in the OL exams. If it is not, then could u please suggest another good cal?
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently using a Casio fx991 es plus calculator for all subjects and its a really great cal....
However I've heard rumors that it isn't allowed for Cambridge OL exams for some reason. Could anyone please tell me whether it could be used or not in the OL exams. If it is not, then could u please suggest another good cal?
Thanks in advance!
Why wouldn't it be allowed?

Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be allowed?
Some guys told me that because it has a differenciation function which enables u to do stuff like finding the gradient of a tangent drawn on a graph as well as some other functions like algrabraic manipulation, so they told me that it can't be used in the CIE OL exams.
So that's why I really need to know for sure whether the cal can be used or not.I don't want to go into the exam hall and be told that I can't use the cal

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks in advance!
Hi
Could someone please help me out? i really need to know about the calculator since exams are getting closer.....