• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent! Please! I need help in ICT theory (9173) paper 1 examination

Reaction score
Hello, first of all thanks for opening the thread!!
Well im having a problem i cannot seem to understand the list that i should study in ICT theory part ( as level CIE. I would really like some tips/revisions getting a good score in this paper like at least 70% correct in this paper. So tell me whats the specfication, what should i study in theory part, is there an easy way to study this part of the paper??
Thanks alot for trying to help!!
Just link any revision tips or papers that could be useful for studying!! Bye!! <3

Reaction score
Hey :) First of, you should just go through the main stuff from each chapter. I know the chapters are very long and boring:confused:
but the least you can do is go through the main headings and see what is the content under those headings.

Next, solve the past papers. Obviously you wont know how to answer the questions yet, but atleast you will know what kind of questions the paper asks.
For example, if the paper has a question, "What are the disadvantages to customers using online banking?" Open that chapter, "Impact of ICT on society 1" and just underline the paragraph where it is written about disadvantages to the customers.
do that same for all other questions, underline the answers!
There are some main things that get repeated alot, so whenever you come across the question that you already underlined in the book, put a star above that passage in book, so that while studying for exams you will know this is an inportant part of the chapter.
after doing this with atleast 10 past papers, you will get a general idea about what to read from the book.. Hope that helped!
next just read them and start