• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent! Qs about exams policies and rules at PIS Jeddah

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm a private candidate and I'll be sitting for my exams at PIS in Jeddah.

On the papers attached to the Statement of Entry, it says that I can't bring in mobile phones, handbags, etc to the exam hall. Is there any arrangement at PIS to keep these in lockers or with security/staff till the end of the exam as I will need them to contact home/my driver, etc, and to bring snacks along with me on the day I have both AM & PM sessions.

Also, for the ones who have both AM & PM sessions in one day, do you stay at PIS during the time between the exams or is it better to go back home and come for the PM later? I live quite far from PIS, are we allowed to stay there between sessions?

And about the exams themselves, am I allowed to use roller ink pens or do I have to use ballpoint?

Any other tips related to exams, PIS or anything else?

Reaction score
Another question, are English exams held at PIS or British Council? 1st Language Extended 0500? Someone told me that they are held at BC. Do I call them and double check even though it's said on my Statement of Entry that my exams will be held at PIS?

Reaction score
well i hv taken my examz in pisj twice n will be tkng in this session too

yes u cnt tk them in the examination hall but almost everyone bring their cell phones and hand bags (including me), as u said for contacting our driver, everyone leavex all their belongings outside on the benches, no one is responsible to look aftr them but i hv nvr heard of anyonez stuff being lost.......so i thnk u cn bring it

abt the snacks i thnk yes u cn n u cn also buy frm there

i dnt knw wethr we cn stay there or not..........one of my friend did bt she was also a student there so it might be different for us.............

u cn only use ballpoint........black or blue

all the written papers will held in pisj only for the speaking (oral) exam u hv to go to the BC

all the best :)

Reaction score
Lyfroker said:
well i hv taken my examz in pisj twice n will be tkng in this session too

yes u cnt tk them in the examination hall but almost everyone bring their cell phones and hand bags (including me), as u said for contacting our driver, everyone leavex all their belongings outside on the benches, no one is responsible to look aftr them but i hv nvr heard of anyonez stuff being lost.......so i thnk u cn bring it

abt the snacks i thnk yes u cn n u cn also buy frm there

i dnt knw wethr we cn stay there or not..........one of my friend did bt she was also a student there so it might be different for us.............

u cn only use ballpoint........black or blue

all the written papers will held in pisj only for the speaking (oral) exam u hv to go to the BC

all the best :)

Thanks lyfroker for answering my Qs.

Are you sure about the ballpoint -- cos that means I'll have to start practicing from now cos I never use ballpoints actually -- they always make me write slow.

Anyway I'll bring both to the exam and lets hope they'll let me us the roller one.

Hmmmm so I better have a backup plan for Thursday if they don't let me stay. Thanks for answering my Qs again.

Bouchra

Reaction score
u r most welcome :)

well m nt sure...........yh betr to bring both n ask the invigulator

best of luck n do pray for me :)

Reaction score
Lyfroker said:
u r most welcome :)

well m nt sure...........yh betr to bring both n ask the invigulator

best of luck n do pray for me :)

May Allah give us the ability to answer all questions correctly.

Yeah, I called up BC, and some operator guy told me (very rudely) to ask the invigilator. I wished I'd never called them and asked lol.

Reaction score
hahahahahahaa abt the pen? well its so bad of me to forget it, the invigilator read the instructions n said we cn use ink pen..............

Reaction score
Lyfroker said:
hahahahahahaa abt the pen? well its so bad of me to forget it, the invigilator read the instructions n said we cn use ink pen..............

Yeah, I even asked her before that -- thanks anyways = )

And also, I stayed till the evening session, nobody told me to go back home -- there were around 6 or 7 others also staying = )