• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[URGENT] To LUMS or not to LUMS?

Reaction score
I got into LUMS SSE but I am facing a dilemma that should I go to LUMS or wait and apply to MBBS? Is rejecting lums and going for MBBS too much of a risk?

What is the scope of a biology major form lums? And what kind of jobs can one get? What the salary etc?

I only have a few days for giving the fee.

Reaction score
go for MBBS............... dun even think of going to LUMS for Biology.....
those people go for biology who fail to get to mbbs twice or thrice..u havent even tried....

Reaction score
1. Go for LUMS Biology. At LUMS Biology People are getting 50-70 thousands even before their graduation is complete. They are winning scholarships at Oxford etc. Moreover LUMS has the best biology Labs in Pakistan.

2. MBBS is totally different thing from BIO major.

Think before you choose either to do MBBS or BIO. With MBBS, you can make millions by doing private practice plus it is cost effective as compared to LUMS>

Reaction score
1. Go for LUMS Biology. At LUMS Biology People are getting 50-70 thousands even before their graduation is complete. They are winning scholarships at Oxford etc. Moreover LUMS has the best biology Labs in Pakistan.

2. MBBS is totally different thing from BIO major.

Think before you choose either to do MBBS or BIO. With MBBS, you can make millions by doing private practice plus it is cost effective as compared to LUMS>

lums graduates are getting what kind of jobs?

Reaction score
why dont u go for "istakhara"..it will help u make the correct decision

Reaction score
lums graduates are getting what kind of jobs?

In various Government and Private companies. BIO Majors are hired by some pharma type firms and same for Chemists. However a chemist secured a job of 80,000 initial salary in a government lab.
BIO majors are getting foreign scholarships of $25,000, into direct PHDs before completion of their BS degree.