• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

URGENT!!!! WRITING IN EXAM BAR CODES BY MISTAKE????

Reaction score
I just had read through the pastpaper mark scheme, and i find 'does not allow or encourage over-writing of sub-sections' on general comment, does it mean that i MUST NOT AND IT IS NOT ALLOWED to write more than the space been provided?

Reaction score
no prob .. they will key in the number underneath the code ! n abt the line thingy !! the paper setter doesnt decide the number of lines ... the page setter does .. u have all liberty to write ur answer anywhere as u wish !

Reaction score
I just had read through the pastpaper mark scheme, and i find 'does not allow or encourage over-writing of sub-sections' on general comment, does it mean that i MUST NOT AND IT IS NOT ALLOWED to write more than the space been provided?
depends on the type of writing and paper ... cuz if u check speciemen paper they themselves write over more than the lines provided .. if ur writting an esl summary ur not supposed to cross 120 words ar that time if u write like 30 lines .. its obvious they wont look at it .. however in amn investigation question examiner is happie if u show them what u got ! write everything u think is right ... but not irrelevent ... n also some pple give two different ideas to one question like .water uptake by plants ... osmosis diffusion ... then none would be marked cuz the examiner wud think u urself are confused and dont know the answer so u just right anything

Reaction score
people wat if i wrote kareem instead of karim ?? in da statement of entry its karim??? is it k?! ik its a bit stupid bt karim was a mistake from da embassy... btw da centre number nd candidate no is correct

Reaction score
Hope that your invigilator/cordinator writes a note along with the papers which the school will send. My school does that. Though probably there won't be any problem since the candidate no and centre no is correct.

Reaction score
Did your school teacher said that? Than yeah, but don't rely on something which you just heard from some where. Probably, your paper is going to be checked in your country, so probably that doesn't sound right to me. you may have to go to the igcse office which is in your country, if your name makes any issue. And if there is some problem, your school will probably help your out.

Reaction score
i asked our exam co-ordinator at my school nd he said if da candidate no. nd centre no. correct so nothin 2 worry bout

Reaction score
It maybe a problem, but they're smart and they put two bar codes, one infront and one at the last page.
My friend needed an additional page and the invigilatior punched over the barcode to tie the paper up.
Then she told us not to worry cause they have another one at the back.

But if you wrote on both, you're not screwed all that much either!
they barcodes have numbers on top, which can be typed in when the barcode scannerdoesnt pickup the code.

so relax. BUT NEVER DO IT AGAIN.
This is like so helpful thanks