• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

use of pencil

Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody know if the use of pencil to write the actual answers, is penalised ?
Like, all the answers in pencil
Or half in pencil , half in ink ?

Especially in practicals ?
:(

Reaction score
As far as I know our papers are first scanned and then sent forward for checking..so its better to attempt all your paper with black or blue ink,black preferably :)

Reaction score
hmnn ? is that so ?? :(
so that means, they check the SCANS of our answer sheets ? not the actual papers ? :/

but wouldn't it be unjust , if the answers in pencil are correct ? D:

Reaction score
btw ,thanks for the reply . and the advice. will test black pointer then :)

but oh no ?! for pencilsss??

Reaction score
As far as I know, the use of pencils is just for rough working, diagrams or graphs. Other than that it is preferable if you use pen..:)

Reaction score
it depends on the subjects.. for maths, it's on separate booklet right? so i think we can use pencils even for the working because i think the examiners don't scan them i.e they correct them traditionally, i did my workings for my p6 last year with pencils but i wrote my final answer in pen and yet, alhamdulillah i got an A.. but for answers in the question papers, it was most probably that they'll scan them first, so even though you're using pencils, if your handwrittng is crystal clear, i think they'll accept it but as a safety measure, writing your FINAL ANSWERS in pen is essential :)

Reaction score
but at the foremost, it isn't concerning on the usage of pen or pencils but all that matter is your HANDWRITINGS. even though you're using pen all over but if it is not readable, they'll penalise that for sure. hope that my answers aren't too long :)

Reaction score
zenyatales said:
btw ,thanks for the reply . and the advice. will test black pointer then :)

but oh no ?! for pencilsss??
Yes...they scan our papers first.. that's what I have HEARD..not exactly sure about it!so to be on the safer side why not to use a black pointer..and yes handwriting DOES matter!!

Reaction score
Hi! Just wanted to tell you what I recently experienced.. I too, just like you, was writing in pencil in my first paper right when the Invigilator walked by n asked me to write in Pen. Well, blv me sis, it went so fine.. Even better than pencil because.. u are supposed to use a ball point pen which helps u write smoother n quicker...

aom

Reaction score
I wrote my AS Biology paper 3 wirh pencil is it okay??? :(:(