• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

very tensed !!!!!

Reaction score
please someone guide me... papers are not going up to the mark its not just besause i am not preparing it well ... i have done alot of papstpaers and frankly felt they were easy but these papers which are currently coming has dishearted me and i am discourage aloot.. please help me out morally.

Reaction score
Hi, 2012 is seeing structural changes in education systems all over the world, from high school to university exams. CIE exams are now becoming more representative of the way you are tested at university. It will take a while for students to get used to the new formats. My tip for everyone is not to do too many past papers, before 2007 would be a big no, its all obsolete, and trust me even cie doesn't care about them. If your papers are not going up to the mark trace the problem right away, I can predict its due to cie 'experimenting' with the nature of the question papers this session, am sure the gt's will be below normal levels. Workout on the exam technique as long as your answers demonstrate the right skills you will be mostly on the safe side.

Best Regards,
Zohaib

P.S. I'm the person with 28 A's in O levels, 10 A's in A levels, and a couple of distinctions (if that adds to boosting ur morale :) )

Reaction score
Hi, 2012 is seeing structural changes in education systems all over the world, from high school to university exams. CIE exams are now becoming more representative of the way you are tested at university. It will take a while for students to get used to the new formats. My tip for everyone is not to do too many past papers, before 2007 would be a big no, its all obsolete, and trust me even cie doesn't care about them. If your papers are not going up to the mark trace the problem right away, I can predict its due to cie 'experimenting' with the nature of the question papers this session, am sure the gt's will be below normal levels. Workout on the exam technique as long as your answers demonstrate the right skills you will be mostly on the safe side.

Best Regards,
Zohaib

P.S. I'm the person with 28 A's in O levels, 10 A's in A levels, and a couple of distinctions (if that adds to boosting ur morale :) )

SO YOU'RE THAT FREAK!!

Reaction score

Best Regards,
Zohaib

woow sir thats very impressive .......... its just the papers are beeing very hard on me.. i m doing my best rest is upto ALLAH...

Reaction score
man grow up dont get jealous ......if u dnt hv the ability dont discourage other who have proved themselves

God, LOL. I'm not discouraging anyone! I called him a freak as in a freak of nature. 28 A's is insane! In a kickass way! And its kickass that he did it! I wasn't demeaning him or anything!

Jealous - nope I'm content. And, how the hell do you know that I don't have the ability?
You don't know me man. You just can't jump to conclusions :) stop acting like a turd.

And to the topic of the thread - study! Should help your case ;)

Reaction score
please someone guide me... papers are not going up to the mark its not just besause i am not preparing it well ... i have done alot of papstpaers and frankly felt they were easy but these papers which are currently coming has dishearted me and i am discourage aloot.. please help me out morally.
The least I can say is that: you're not alone....:)

Reaction score
God, LOL. I'm not discouraging anyone! I called him a freak as in a freak of nature. 28 A's is insane! In a kickass way! And its kickass that he did it! I wasn't demeaning him or anything!

Jealous - nope I'm content. And, how the hell do you know that I don't have the ability?
You don't know me man. You just can't jump to conclusions :) stop acting like a turd.

And to the topic of the thread - study! Should help your case ;)
i judged u because of ur comment but if u meant it in a good way i take my comments back =)

Reaction score
Yeah I believe the standards of difficult for the exams have increased but don't be discouraged because of that. Just work hard throughout the entire year, pray and hope for the best. Besides, if it's a tough paper then maybe the GT will be lower than usual. I mean, I worked hard for Chemistry P1, did tons of MCQs but my paper didn't go as well as I hoped because I made about 5-6 careless mistakes. Read the examiner tips, read the contents of the questions very carefully and write what you think is right. Also, a piece of advice: Don't bother discussing your paper with others after your exam has ended. If you realize you got a bunch of questions wrong, nothing can change that and you will only feel worse.

Reaction score
Yeah I believe the standards of difficult for the exams have increased but don't be discouraged because of that. Just work hard throughout the entire year, pray and hope for the best. Besides, if it's a tough paper then maybe the GT will be lower than usual. I mean, I worked hard for Chemistry P1, did tons of MCQs but my paper didn't go as well as I hoped because I made about 5-6 careless mistakes. Read the examiner tips, read the contents of the questions very carefully and write what you think is right. Also, a piece of advice: Don't bother discussing your paper with others after your exam has ended. If you realize you got a bunch of questions wrong, nothing can change that and you will only feel worse.

yeah worst thing that happens after the papers is disscusion... but i just happens i cant control it i feel to eager to check my paper with other... this is one of the things i hate about myself :/

Reaction score
yeah worst thing that happens after the papers is disscusion... but i just happens i cant control it i feel to eager to check my paper with other... this is one of the things i hate about myself :/
I basically steer away from the discussions: helps me enjoy my summer vacations!:D

Reaction score
You are not alone.. Do your best and leave the rest on ALLAh SWT..:)

Reaction score

how about you listen to relaxing music then go and study? or even better play a sport like football

Sports help improve mental abilities

Reaction score

Best Regards,
Zohaib

i don't know about others, but that atleast made me feel a bit better,thanks :)
btw, are you in McGill on scholarship? i know its a bit weird question but i was just wondering about it since someone once told me that Canadian uni's don't offer scholarships on basis of CIE grades :(

Reaction score
They do offer merit based scholarships or major scholarships sometimes, the tuition fees of canadian uni's is like 3-4 times less than the us unis

Reaction score
They do offer merit based scholarships or major scholarships sometimes, the tuition fees of canadian uni's is like 3-4 times less than the us unis
but zohair sir, are you on scholarship coz i myself is lookin forward to further my studies in canada ????