• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very Urgent Business Studies Questions so PLZZZZ help

Reaction score
1) Is there a difference between a business' ethical considerations and its social responsibilities?????
2) State what role the government plays in influencing decsisions within:
- local contexts
- national contexts
- international contexts.
3) What are the levels of responsibility found in a business?
Plz answer my questions :? :? :? :? :? :?
Thanks in advance.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I am sorry i wud have helped u but unfortunately i am not a business student!!

Reaction score
ya....I think ppl on this forum do not answer abt the business questions ....me too had a question not answeres there :cry:
But I will try :
1)I think the social resposibilities is abt the social costs that the business should take care of to avoid them happening e.g.: pollution,smoke,wastefulproducts...etc and this may be controlled by the government.but the business already is set to be environmentaly friendly.
But the ethical cosiderations is business following its moral concept like:taking care of the working conditions of the workers and improve it beyond the legal requriments and not producing wastes even if is not illegal.
2)actually in my book this chapter is abt the fiscal,monetary,supply side policiesand gov,control over business in production,employees rights,to conmur rights ,natural environment,location decision,
3)i dunno but from where didiu get it
I am sorry , I hope that I could help u more than that just tell me if anything I could help u with and I will try it :)

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
I am sorry i wud have helped u but unfortunately i am not a business student!!

I'm sure u'd :) :D :)

niassu said:
ya....I think ppl on this forum do not answer abt the business questions ....me too had a question not answeres there :cry:
But I will try :
1)I think the social resposibilities is abt the social costs that the business should take care of to avoid them happening e.g.: pollution,smoke,wastefulproducts...etc and this may be controlled by the government.but the business already is set to be environmentaly friendly.
But the ethical cosiderations is business following its moral concept like:taking care of the working conditions of the workers and improve it beyond the legal requriments and not producing wastes even if is not illegal.
2)actually in my book this chapter is abt the fiscal,monetary,supply side policiesand gov,control over business in production,employees rights,to conmur rights ,natural environment,location decision,
3)i dunno but from where didiu get it
I am sorry , I hope that I could help u more than that just tell me if anything I could help u with and I will try it :)

Thnx a lot for ur effort :D and abt the third question i believe it was written in the revision checklist.
and btw if u ever wanted 2 ask abt anything i'd be glad to help u 2 :)

Reaction score
Thnx a lot for ur effort :D and abt the third question i believe it was written in the revision checklist.
and btw if u ever wanted 2 ask abt anything i'd be glad to help u 2 :)[/quote]

:) well ur welcome.
but I relly had to many doubts and I think no one here would answer me except u so lets help each other. ;)
well i found a question in which asks how do plc company fail?
The anwer was:
Companies fail for various reasons:
• lack of capital
• competition
• failure to adapt to changes in market
• customers don’t like their products!
• inefficiently managed
its ok,but i donot really get it why could these could lead to fail?? :roll:
would u explain it plz....

Reaction score
1) I have no idea about this point unfortunately.
2) High competition means that there are lots of competitors in the market which means that customers will find lots of alternatives to the product provided by the company whichincreases the risk of losing sales and market share, and of course the business cannot survive with few sales as the revenue would be very low.
3) Tastes of people, their income levels, fashion, competitors products as well as similar factors change quickly in some countries, so if the business couldn't change its policies, product features, marketing plan, etc to meet paople's requirements it would lose sales.
4) If customers didn't like a certain product the won't buy it so business wouldn't be able to cover production costs, due to which it will make losses and eventually would fail.
5) Bad managemnt could demotivate employees leading to a fall in their productivity so business costs would rise so it will have to raise price to be able to cover costs easily. This however would decrease its sales enourmously especially if the product was of elastic demand.Also bad management increases the possibilty of having ineffecient marketing plan which would decrease sales.

Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
What is the difference between fixed costs and indirect costs? And what's the difference between variable costs and direct costs? :?

Reaction score
The difference between fixed costs and indirect costs:

Fixed Costs DON'T change with output. Fixed costs stays the same however much the business produces. For example a fixed cost is rent you have to pay whether there is production in the business or not.

Indirect costs sometimes are called overheads come from running the business and not directly related to production this includes management salaries, administration expenses and marketing costs so they can be a bit like fixed costs.
[lets just say that indirect costs is the twin sister of fixed costs but different characteristics the difference is that fixed is related with production and indirect is not related to production but the people running the business... xP]

Now moving on to the difference of Variable and Direct costs:

Variable costs DO change with output. The more a business increases its production the higher the variable costs will be. For example materials and wages will rise because of the need for more materials and more workers. [if the cost will not produce anything the variable cost will be zero keep that in mind...]

Direct costs are linked to a product. Like raw materials can be used up to make a product. These costs are directly related to the production of the goods. [i don't think there are of any differences between those two so think of it as a twin brother with no difference...]

hope i helped x) i know i'm crappy in business too but i'm learning as i type from what i can understand... :)

Reaction score
help me ans and explain it too
why might a job description help when recruiting the secrtary?
soooooooooooon exam is after tomorrow :cry: :cry: :( :(

Reaction score
In Job description, the duties and responsibilities to be carried out by the new employee are given. This
helps to make sure that guy being picked has ability to the do the job properly and it will also help the
recruiting company as LESS and MORE MATCHING applications would be received for the job advertised, thus helping
the company to recruit the secretary with right skills.

I Hope it helps.

Reaction score
miss2makane said:
don't mention it. are you doing IGCSE Business Studies Oct/nov? exams coming in 2 days :cry:

well unluckily yes and till now i cant finish a single exam on time :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

what abt u?

Reaction score
@ I am she, Well you cant do anything now. Try to write precisely and to the point as only 105 minutes are allocated for 100 marks paper.
I am also giving the BS Paper 1 tomorrow. Very tensed though.

@Niassu, 80 percentile for A and 90 percentile for A* !