• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

We should stop backbiting and slandering!!

Reaction score
To talk about backbiting we need to first define exactly what backbiting is. If we turn towards the sayings of Prophet Muhammad(saw) we can find a very accurate definition of this term and it differentiates between the term "backbiting" and "slander" .

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do you know what is backbiting? They (the Companions) said: Allah and His Messenger know best. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of? He said: If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact have backbitten him, and if that is not in him it is a slander. [Sahih Muslim Book 32, #6265]

Backbiting is strictly prohibited in Islam and one can find evidence in the Quran and the Ahadith. Often backbiting is compared to one eating flesh of the dead.

Reaction score
Today this disease is so widespread that it is seen in every house. What we need to do is take this disease out of us. We have to control our tongues!

We are all answerable to Allah(swt) and one day we will be questioned for what we spoke. What will we do then? It is important to have fear of Allah(swt) in our hearts. We have to know and realize that our deeds are being recorded, that Allah(swt) is seeing everything:

"Or do they think that We hear not their secrets and their private counsels? Indeed (We do), and Our messengers are by them, to record." [Quran 43:80]

Reaction score
Very true! We should all start from our own personal senarios and take the requirement of ending this forward! :)
Not sure if you are one to talk here :p Just kidding :D

But it sure seems females are way better at this than a male could ever be :p

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
To talk about backbiting we need to first define exactly what backbiting is. If we turn towards the sayings of Prophet Muhammad(saw) we can find a very accurate definition of this term and it differentiates between the term "backbiting" and "slander" .

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do you know what is backbiting? They (the Companions) said: Allah and His Messenger know best. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of? He said: If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact have backbitten him, and if that is not in him it is a slander. [Sahih Muslim Book 32, #6265]

Backbiting is strictly prohibited in Islam and one can find evidence in the Quran and the Ahadith. Often backbiting is compared to one eating flesh of the dead.

jazakillah khair for the reminder.. Or local imam did a series on this recently in the jumah (based on surah hujurat)...
one aayah about it I really liked was the one he quoted from surah Qaf:

مَّا يَلْفِظُ مِن قَوْلٍ إِلَّا لَدَيْهِ رَقِيبٌ عَتِيدٌ
"Man does not utter any word except that with him is an observer prepared [to record]." (50:18)

and it's so easy to be forgetful of this... :(

Reaction score
Well I totally agree with the females part cuz it is nature and it has been going for long but we should work towards eliminating it!
I said i was "just kidding" -__- Such a serious vow was not required :p
Although if you ARE able to eliminate it even a little... it would be a miracle :p