• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What are Grade Thresholds?

Reaction score
does anybody have any idea what the grade threshold for English is. i didn't make paragraphs in part 2. will i be penalised?

Reaction score
Grade thresholds are not fixed! They vary from paper to paper depending on their difficulty and students performance, In june 2009 , the grade threshold for A grade in english was 69 out of 100

And yes, there is a great chance that he will penalise you because some marks are allocated for the format.

Reaction score
Syed Ali said:
Grade thresholds are not fixed! They vary from paper to paper depending on their difficulty and students performance, In june 2009 , the grade threshold for A grade in english was 69 out of 100

And yes, there is a great chance that he will penalise you because some marks are allocated for the format.
from where u get to know last year gt?

Reaction score
ppl grade thresholds are available at the teacher's support website and only they can let u know the previous grade thresholds...

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
Syed Ali said:

from where u get to know last year gt?

I saw it in a document. Our sir gave it to us for reading.

Reaction score
there are grade thresholds in xtremepapers download section but i hv seen only for IGCSE not for O-levels

Reaction score
I just found Grade Thresholds for Pakistan Studies in the Summer 2004 Mark Scheme (2059_s04_ms)

PAPER 1
MAX MARK = 75

Min Marks required for
Grade A: 52
Grade C: 36
Grade E: 18

PAPER 2
Max Mark=75

Min Mark required for
Grade A: 54
Grade C: 35
Grade E: 22
--------------------------------

I just wonder now, it would be very easy to get Grade A then? (not that I am being overconfident) Are the grade thresholds near to each other every year or they vary signinficantly year to year?
Where did you get this from? Can you please post the link?

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Pakistan Studies (2059)/2059_s04_ms.pdf
In igcse May 2011 pak studies the grade thresholds said that A* was at 116/150 and the question papers were the exact same as the o level ones for pak studies may june 2011

But there must be a difference between the threshold of gcse and igcse !! The may 2011 paper was pretty easy except for the languages part and I think the threshold must be quite high coz only a few students achieved A*s in my school, even those who were expected to be getting them :)

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me that from where we can get our grade threshold for o level for the subjects urdu ,islamiat and pak studies?