• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is the best time to give SAT?

Reaction score
My teacher says that summer break after o levels is ideal time to give sat? My majors are physics chemistry & maths, do i have to give SAT 2 or 1 for applying in Nust and US universities.?
Does kips in rawalpindi/islamabad provide coaching for SAT?

Reaction score
For US Universiites
SAT1 is a compulsion for any average to decent university.
SAT2 is a recommended for good universities. For the ivy leagues and other prestigious universities at the top (Stanford, MIT, Berkeley, CMU etc.) They REQUIRE 2-3 SAT2s. In your case I would say do Maths Level 2, Physics and Chemistry.

So it all depends on which universities you are trying to apply to at the end of the day..

And I agree with your teacher - your first SAT1 attempt should be as soon as possible after your O Levels because its highly unlikely you will be able to do your best in your very first attempt!
Then you can resit next year (Year13-A2) October, November or December
And between those 3 months, choose one for SAT2s and prepare well so that you don't have to resit it! Usually people don't need to resit SAT2s compared to SAT1s so I guess it would be alright.

I did my first SAT in Year 12 October and got 2040 (not as well as I hoped)
Then I did it again in Year 13 October and got 2310 and did SAT2 in November Year 13 and got 2380 first try!
So I hope it goes the same way for you too if not better! :)