• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is TOEFL

Reaction score
The Test Of English as a Foreign Language (or TOEFL , pronounced "toe-full") evaluates the potential success of an individual to use and understand standard American English at a college level. It is required for non-native applicants at many US and other English-speaking colleges and universities.

Term papers writing service

Reaction score
TOEFL is test your english as understand standard American language. It helps for student who wants to study in abroad and also this exam is very important English speaking universities also.

Reaction score
I am from Korea and had to take the TOEFL as part of my requirement to attend college in the States. I found it rather easy as I am a foreign citizen but attended private schools on the East coast. I felt badly for my friends who were cramming every night looking up every other word in the dictionary. Luckily, they all passed the exam but it was a stressful time for them.

Reaction score
TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language... most widely accepted English languange test to apply for foreign studies.
B4 u apply for higher educations,it is imp to go thru a test to check if u can read, listen, speak and write in English.
Frankly speaking,if u have good english u can practice it urself otherwise u might need coaching classes which easily available every where.
And if u want to practice urself,jus buy a book to know the pattern,u'll get a free CD wit it
and surf internet

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
do u think i need to give it..i've already taken IGCSE English as a 2nd language!

Reaction score
Of you're applying to a University in North America, then yes you will need to sit a TOEFL exam. Some Universities in North America don't regard English as a Second Language to be a valid English proficiency test. Don't worry though, it's fairly easy and straight-forward.

Reaction score
Of you're applying to a University in North America, then yes you will need to sit a TOEFL exam. Some Universities in North America don't regard English as a Second Language to be a valid English proficiency test. Don't worry though, it's fairly easy and straight-forward.
Not necessarily, there are many other unis around the world which recquire toefl grades. :)
do u think i need to give it..i've already taken IGCSE English as a 2nd language!
I suggest u to check ur unis recquirement criteria. :)
how to take this test?
U register online. U can choose pbt or ibt which ever ur uni recquires :)

Reaction score
I took English as a first language and got 100%. should I still take the test?

Reaction score
I took English as a first language and got 100%. should I still take the test?
yes u still should, because since your native language isnt english, you are bound to take this test to proove your english speaking, listening, reading and writing capability.

Reaction score
I
yes u still should, because since your native language isnt english, you are bound to take this test to proove your english speaking, listening, reading and writing capability.
speak English at home.... Isn't first language english as good as native English?

Reaction score
No its still not the same, even though u speak english at home, ur first language is still urdu, if you are pakistani. You will still have to give the test. Dont worry its quite easy for you plus its an additional qualification that you can use when applying for universities :)

Reaction score
No its still not the same, even though u speak english at home, ur first language is still urdu, if you are pakistani. You will still have to give the test. Dont worry its quite easy for you plus its an additional qualification that you can use when applying for universities :)

Are you sure? If she's been studying in English for the past 2-3 years, she doesn't need to take it.

Reaction score
yes im sure that u have to, i was born in an english country, i live in an english country right now, ive been speaking english most of my life aswell as studying it, nd i was still asked to show proof of my english , so i gave ielts.

Reaction score
yes im sure that u have to, i was born in an english country, i live in an english country right now, ive been speaking english most of my life aswell as studying it, nd i was still asked to show proof of my english , so i gave ielts.

Uh. But students from here going to the UK rarely give it!

Reaction score
Who doesnt give the ielts? :/ People who go there with their families, and students who go to highschools dont need to give it, its only required for higher education.

Reaction score
AoA.
Is TOEFL neceesary for A Level students who want to study abroad?? I mean is it only for fsc students or for A levels students too??