• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What should I learn in Economics ?

Reaction score
I've been gone through Economics Problem, Elasticity, Market Failure and Exchange Rate. Yet, I haven't finish the syllabus as my teacher went back to his hometown for 2 months due to his daughter's illness and there's no substitution, leaving us to study by ourself. If I may ask, what else should I learn that are really important ? Any replies and advices are highly appreciate. ;)

Reaction score
I've been gone through Economics Problem, Elasticity, Market Failure and Exchange Rate. Yet, I haven't finish the syllabus as my teacher went back to his hometown for 2 months due to his daughter's illness and there's no substitution, leaving us to study by ourself. If I may ask, what else should I learn that are really important ? Any replies and advices are highly appreciate. ;)

INFLATION :O

Reaction score
Is there any notes that I can use? Because my teacher doesn't like to use textbook and let us copy from what he wrote on whiteboard, so that we can understand better than in textbook. Also, my exams are about 1 month away and need to cover 7 subjects including Economics.

Reaction score
Well u can find the notes for Economics on the thread O-Level Notes Center.
I can also provide u with notes but I have only studied Basic Economic Problem, Market and Mixed Economies, Demand & Supply + price elasticity of demand & supply, Market Failure, Money, Types of Business Organisations, Cost of Production, Economies of Scale, Size of Firms, Principle of Profit Maximisation and Population Growth
So if u need notes on these topics I can provide you with them
Also, you should consult Economics: A complete Course by Brian Titley. It is one of the great books and it is endorsed by CIE

Reaction score
Atleast I would go and have a look at the thread that you've mention before. If you could provide your notes here that would also great. Not forgetting that, I would go to store and see if there is the book.

Reaction score
Atleast I would go and have a look at the thread that you've mention before. If you could provide your notes here that would also great. Not forgetting that, I would go to store and see if there is the book.

Notes for which topics????
Also, if you reside in Pakistan you will be able to find the book easily
I don't know about outside Pakistan

Reaction score
All topics if you don't mind. I live outside Pakistan, which is hard to find this kind of book that endorsed by CIE and it's very expensive too.

Reaction score
I also want some notes of Economics..
Please Provide me..if u dont mind.. Ram97

Reaction score
Hey guys, Could any of you guys let me know why the answer for this question is C

30. A newspaper reported that there were signs of economic growth and inflation in an economy
What would not be such evidence of such a situation?

A). An increase in employment
B). An increase in the general price level
C). An increase in the income tax rates
D). An increase in the standard of living

C is the answer and i want to know why this is ?

Please let me know

Kind Regards