• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What will be my GRADE???????

Reaction score
Guys, what sort of overall gt are you expecting for an A in AS chem? What marks do I need in order to get 90% marks in AS Chem? 107/130 will be enough, right? (I know P1 is left but a rough estimate can be made based on P2 and P3)

Reaction score
if i got
50/75 p1
42/50 m1
40/75 p3 (did really bad)
30/50 S1
how much will i get ?

Reaction score
Well you can't be sure.. Last year the A* was at 200. But yeah you could get the A* easily.. the A is confirmed.. but if the GT gets higher than it can get hard.
so what do we do?add all our marks and see ....if its above 200 its an A*??

Reaction score
so what do we do?add all our marks and see ....if its above 200 its an A*??

It's different each year. You need to get marks like A+ (A-B) for each component to get an A*...

Like For example Paper 2 A is at 44 and B is at 38 .. You'd need to get around 44 + (44-38) = 50 Marks in Paper 2.. And so on.

Then that total sum of all the components' (A+(A-B)) gives you the threshold for A*.. so yeah if adding all the papers' marks is in the 190s range your A* is guaranteed:)

Reaction score
It's different each year. You need to get marks like A+ (A-B) for each component to get an A*...

Like For example Paper 2 A is at 44 and B is at 38 .. You'd need to get around 44 + (44-38) = 50 Marks in Paper 2.. And so on.

Then that total sum of all the components' (A+(A-B)) gives you the threshold for A*.. so yeah if adding all the papers' marks is in the 190s range your A* is guaranteed:)
so is it necessary to get atleast an A in every paper to get an A* overall? i man if you get a C in one paper and A in the rest and your overall marks still add up to 200....can i get an A* then?

Reaction score
so is it necessary to get atleast an A in every paper to get an A* overall? i man if you get a C in one paper and A in the rest and your overall marks still add up to 200....can i get an A* then?
It depends in which paper u get C in and how high your A grade is in other papers.

Reaction score

Well Doesn't matter.. The total should be above the GT.. If you do good you can still get an A/A*... in AS a guy got .. A in Theory A in MCQs and D in Practicals and still managed a A in AS.. so yeah the weightage is only 12% it's very much possible!

Reaction score
Guys, what sort of overall gt are you expecting for an A in AS chem? What marks do I need in order to get 90% marks in AS Chem? 107/130 will be enough, right? (I know P1 is left but a rough estimate can be made based on P2 and P3)
Total marks are 140 or 130 plz xplain

Reaction score
Total marks are 140 or 130 plz xplain

Total Marks are 140.. But you are marked out of 130.

The practical is of 40 marks but the weightage is 30 marks..

The formula to get final marks is this:

(Marks in P1)+(Marks in P2)+0.75*(Marks in P3)