• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Whats the REAL HIJAB ??

Reaction score
FeLiX zoe replied:

Once a man asked a sheikh ..

Question 1
Man: O sheikh why are ur woman (Muslim woman) not allowed to shake hands with men ???
Sheikh: well can you go shake hands with Queen Elizabeth ?
Man: How can v?? She is a Queen and only certain people can shake hands with her.
Sheikh: The same is with our woman , they are the queens and pearls of our Deen

Question 2
Man: Why do ur woman cover ??
Sheikh: Our woman are not like the moon for their beauty to be displayed rather they are like the sun that causes them to lower their gaze.

Subhanallah !!! I am truly amazed at the status of woman in Islam :) Alhamdulilah !!!

Reaction score
I wish every man and woman would wear Hijabs!:rolleyes:
Is it okay to for a woman to cover her head and wear a salwar kameez?

Reaction score
1.List of people in front of whom a woman is allowed to be without Hijab
وَقُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلاَّ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ وَلا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلاَّ لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوْ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُوْلِي الإِرْبَةِ مِنْ الرِّجَالِ أَوْ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَى عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاءِ وَلا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِنْ زِينَتِهِنَّ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعاً أَيُّهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ
" And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts and not to show their adornment (zeenat) except only that is apparent, and to draw their veils all over their bodies, and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers (includes Chacha, Mamoo etc.), or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women (sisters in Islam), or female slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O' believers, that you may be successful."
(Aayah No. 31, Surah Al-Nũr, Chapter No. 24, Holy Qur'an).
This aayah confirms the list of Mahrams. In front of these a woman need not wear Abaya (the outer cloth used for Hijab) on her body and the head scarf. However, she still has to maintain the Satr i.e. cover her bosom and/or other body curves with any big cloth (like shawl etc.). When among others (other than these people), every Muslim women has to observe Hijab (i.e she has to cover her body and head by a big Shawl or Abayaover her inner clothes).

2. Exemption for some
Allah (SWT) has ordered Hijab due to a certain reason. And He exempts some. Let us see for ourselves.
وَالْقَوَاعِدُ مِنْ النِّسَاءِ اللاَّتِي لا يَرْجُونَ نِكَاحاً فَلَيْسَ عَلَيْهِنَّ جُنَاحٌ أَنْ يَضَعْنَ ثِيَابَهُنَّ غَيْرَ مُتَبَرِّجَاتٍ بِزِينَةٍ وَأَنْ يَسْتَعْفِفْنَ خَيْرٌ لَهُنَّ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ
"And as for women past child-bearing who do not expect wed-lock, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment. But to refrain is better for them. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower."
(Aayah No. 60, Surah Al-Nũr, Chapter No. 24, Holy Qur'an).
After reading this aayah, we see and can understand the hikmah of Allah (SWT). Based on this, I can say, our mothers (who fall in this category) have a choice of not wearing their Abayas (or Burkhas) when they go out. However, it does not in any way permit them to go out in indecent dresses (they have still to guard their adornment).
Some people argue: Decent clothing is what Hijab refers to. What is the use of this Abaya, or extra clothing over the main clothes? This beautiful verse answers this question also. It is clearly stated that Allah allows women past certain age to discard their outer clothing i.e. Abaya or Burkha etc. Therefore, it is mandatory that the woman who observes Hijab, she wears an outer clothing like Abaya or a Burkha etc. That is what Hijab asks for.

3. No purdah among husband-wife
Allah (SWT) has created this exceptional relation where a woman and man have no hijab between them. It is clearly mentioned in Holy Qur'an:
هُنَّ لِبَاسٌ لَكُمْ وَأَنْتُمْ لِبَاسٌ لَهُنَّ
"They are libas (i.e. body cover, screen, dress) for you and you are the same for them."
(Aayah No. 187, Surah Al-Baqarah, Chapter No. 2, Holy Qur'an).
All these references from Holy Qur'an and authentic ahadith of beloved Rasool-Allah (PBUH) give a beautiful, meaningful and clear explanation of requirements of Hijab, both for men & women. Besides the above mentioned six criteria of clothing, Hijab also includes moral conduct, behaviour, attitude and intention of the individual. Hijab of clothing has to be accompanied by Hijab of eyes, Hijab of heart, Hijab of tongue, Hijab of thoughts and intentions. And this aspect is so important when it comes to women that all the above mentioned Hijabs (of heart, eyes etc.) come in to play. How? I will cite one example:
Suppose two sisters are twins, equally beautiful and they are walking down a street. One of them is in Hijab, while other one is in a mini skirt or a tight jeans or any other revealing dress. If a hooligan faces them, whom will he tease? Every reader should ask himself/herself. Naturally he will tease the scantily clad girl. This shows that the revealing dress will act as an invitation for the hooligans.
This is the importance of Hijab. Qur'an has laid down this requirement to help women, to save them from molestation, to guard their modesty.
But what a pity; present day woman will do anything to fight in favour of wearing such dresses and abandoning Hijab. And, we husbands feel a great pride and honour if our women are attired in western clothing. On the contrary, we feel a bit ashamed of ensuring that our women observe Hijab…….Shame on us.
I hope we all understand this as soon as we can. Plus, let us not be a Faasiq by disobeying Allah, for any act of ours which is against the will of Allah (against Qur'an) leads us to Fisq. Follow Qur'an.
And Allah knows best.
May Allah forgive me if I am wrong and guide us to the right path…Ameen.

سُبْحَانَ رَبِّكَ رَبِّ الْعِزَّةِ عَمَّا يَصِفُون َ ; وَسَلامٌ عَلَى الْمُرْسَلِينَ ; وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ.

MASHALLAH sis MASHALLAH loved ur thred..nd certainly u r helping many ppl..sadqah jariah..