• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

what's ur plan for nxt yr!

Reaction score
Starting AS this September and inshallah completing the ACT test so I could apply for university in January/February.

Moi

Reaction score
Starting AS this September and inshallah completing the ACT test so I could apply for university in January/February.
As in you want to graduate after grade eleven? Then directly to college!

Reaction score
Starting AS then hopefully do A-levels. I want to have a full education, not drop out of school after IGCSEs like most people. In the UK, everyone has to do A-levels to go to university, if you leave school after your IGCSEs you're considered a high school dropout. In the Arab world, it's apparently alright to have an incomplete education and the low-standard universities accept high school dropouts. Actually, the universities in Kuwait accept anyone, even if you got straight Fs and Us in your school exams..

Moi

Reaction score
Yes I don't have to do A-levels only AS :p
My mom wants me to graduat at grade 11 too, but i still dont know what college to go to, so i cant decide whether i should do my A levels are not, baised on the college of course!

Reaction score
Starting AS then hopefully do A-levels. I want to have a full education, not drop out of school after IGCSEs like most people. In the UK, everyone has to do A-levels to go to university, if you leave school after your IGCSEs you're considered a high school dropout. In the Arab world, it's apparently alright to have an incomplete education and the low-standard universities accept high school dropouts. Actually, the universities in Kuwait accept anyone, even if you got straight Fs and Us in your school exams..

My friend applied for one of Canada's top 10 universities and got accepted without even STARTING AS or A-Levels, straight after IGCSEs. It's not only 'low-standard' universities that accept 'high-school dropouts'. We have world-class universities here like Georgetown, Weill Cornell, Carnegie Mellon and Texas A&M, and they all accept students with minimum 12 years of education in my country.

Reaction score
My mom wants me to graduat at grade 11 too, but i still dont know what college to go to, so i cant decide whether i should do my A levels are not, baised on the college of course!

AS would be year 12 for me not year 11. And wow you should really start thinking about your prospective colleges from this point on because it's a big decision which needs lots of thinking.

Reaction score
My friend applied for one of Canada's top 10 universities and got accepted without even STARTING AS or A-Levels, straight after IGCSEs. It's not only 'low-standard' universities that accept 'high-school dropouts'. We have world-class universities here like Georgetown, Weill Cornell, Carnegie Mellon and Texas A&M, and they all accept students with minimum 12 years of education in my country.

What's the name of this top Canadian university your friend got into? I have a hard time believing that..

Cornell in Qatar want applicants to have full A-levels, it says so in their official website (http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/premed/requirements.html, read: ''applicants are expected to complete A Level exams in British schools'') . Qatar's Texas A&M wants applicants from British schools to have A-levels (it's a requirement for British schools in Qatar according to their website: http://exploretamuq.com/apply/freshmen/).

Georgetown University isn't considered a top university in the US, but anyway they require applicants to have 3 A-levels if their school offers A-levels, if not they want 4 AS subjects. People who do AS subjects aren't ''high school dropouts''. AS is one half of A-levels.

A minimum of four AS subjects is required to be considered for Carnegie Mellon Qatar. However, students who go beyond the minimum will be given top priority in the selection process, meaning that students who continue onward with A-Levels will be considered stronger applicants and are much more likely to be offered admission. Students with only IGCSE’s or O-Levels will not be considered for admission.

Reaction score
What's the name of this top Canadian university your friend got into? I have a hard time believing that..

Cornell in Qatar want applicants to have full A-levels, it says so in their official website (http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu/education/admin/premed/requirements.html, read: ''applicants are expected to complete A Level exams in British schools'') . Qatar's Texas A&M wants applicants from British schools to have A-levels (it's a requirement for British schools in Qatar according to their website: http://exploretamuq.com/apply/freshmen/).

Georgetown University isn't considered a top university in the US, but anyway they require applicants to have 3 A-levels if their school offers A-levels, if not they want 4 AS subjects. People who do AS subjects aren't ''high school dropouts''. AS is one half of A-levels.

A minimum of four AS subjects is required to be considered for Carnegie Mellon Qatar. However, students who go beyond the minimum will be given top priority in the selection process, meaning that students who continue onward with A-Levels will be considered stronger applicants and are much more likely to be offered admission. Students with only IGCSE’s or O-Levels will not be considered for admission.

I know they officially require A-Levels, but when I called their departments who deal with applications, they specifically said they'd be fine accepting me with only AS. If you still don't believe me, then check out this link from my school's website which shows you the AS students who got accepted into which universities here in Qatar:

http://gulfenglishschool.com.tmp4.secure-xp.net/English/MediaCenter/Default.aspx?Id=208&CatId=8

If you'd noticed, some of those students got accepted into international universities... And I don't remember my friend's university but I'll ask him later today.

Reaction score

He told me it's Dalhousie University

Moi

Reaction score
AS would be year 12 for me not year 11. And wow you should really start thinking about your prospective colleges from this point on because it's a big decision which needs lots of thinking.
well i am thinking about Heriot Watt, more for british students, but i need A levels, 3 , to get in...you seem to know more about canada so may i ask you, if i did apply to a university in canada, do they really allow british curriculum students, not only american? And what id i dont have vise and i cant go thee, how would they accept me? Do they give visa for students? Thx

Reaction score
well i am thinking about Heriot Watt, more for british students, but i need A levels, 3 , to get in...you seem to know more about canada so may i ask you, if i did apply to a university in canada, do they really allow british curriculum students, not only american? And what id i dont have vise and i cant go thee, how would they accept me? Do they give visa for students? Thx

I don't really know much about Canada it's my friend who's going to University there not me. I can give you his e-mail if you'd like to contact him about that?