• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

which do you think is the better news source?

which do you think is the better news source?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I think Internet is the better source of news, when compared to Television
Because it contains a lot more information rather than how much you would get via television.

Reaction score
I think Internet is the better source of news, when compared to Television
Because it contains a lot more information rather than how much you would get via television.

I choose Internet because if you want information from TV, you have to sit and watch at a particular time but information is available online 24/7
Thanks for your comments! :)

Reaction score
I am doing a survey on this topic. What do you think? Please tell us your opinions...

internet cuz

-its like said 24/7 service available
-you can get opinions of others and people can have their say
-can provide exactly or close to the exact news you are interested in
-discussions can lead to many opinions and these discussions arent restricted to time as in the case of shows on TV
-people having devices on which internet is enabled then they can easily access it instead of finding TV or waiting for the news to come

Hope this helped :)

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum wr wb,
-you can get opinions of others and people can have their say
the topic is which is a better news source .. can we include opinions too here?

Yes, it helped, i didn't think about the idea of discussions before.. JazakAllah Khair..

Reaction score
I find that the internet can sometimes have infuriatingly contradicting information. News reaches us from the television faster than it does from the internet. At least in my family's case. Political analysis presented on television is generally of a better quality than that presented in the internet as articles on different websites.

Reaction score
I find that the internet can sometimes have infuriatingly contradicting information. News reaches us from the television faster than it does from the internet. At least in my family's case. Political analysis presented on television is generally of a better quality than that presented in the internet as articles on different websites.
Assalamu alaikum Wr Wb,

Jazakillah Khair for replying!

But aren't television channels usually biased as they are controlled by the government ?, and so they portray only what they wish the people to know.. but on the internet, since there are many websites and different articles, won't we get to know all sides of a story?

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum Wr Wb,

Jazakillah Khair for replying!

But aren't television channels usually biased as they are controlled by the government ?, and so they portray only what they wish the people to know.. but on the internet, since there are many websites and different articles, won't we get to know all sides of a story?

I'm not saying the news on TV is perfect. It certainly is biased at times. But there are a couple of really reliable journalists on TV that you can listen to. And yes, you'll see all sides of the story on the internet but how would you decide which side is right? And to be perfectly honest, I sort of voted on a whim on that poll. I certainly wasn't prepared to defend my vote. =P

Reaction score
I'm not saying the news on TV is perfect. It certainly is biased at times. But there are a couple of really reliable journalists on TV that you can listen to. And yes, you'll see all sides of the story on the internet but how would you decide which side is right? And to be perfectly honest, I sort of voted on a whim on that poll. I certainly wasn't prepared to defend my vote. =P
No matter how reliable a journalist is, the television, if controlled by the government, would show only what it wants to..
yes, we can't decide which is right, but so is the case with television, how would we know that they are right?
No prob, i just need people's opinions.. am preparing for a debate :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I am doing a survey on this topic. What do you think? Please tell us your opinions...

Internet, because it's way more reliable.... you get to hear from different people and make your own judgements rather than watch news on TV from people who have a bias...
I even know people who went to a huge demonstration and told how thousands of people came but when they showed it on TV it seemed like not more than a thousand showed up.... they'd cleverly zoom in on the front part so the mass of people isn't in the shoot... but if you browse for images of that same demonstration online or even in newspapers you find that there was a huge turn up...
Plus TV is usually controlled.. where they have an agenda... might sound like a conspiracy theorist but I feel sometimes they put some ppl in the limelight.. besides even if you ever analyse an interview or a debate, you notice that the TV person controlls the show.. If he wants to show someone incapable/stupid he can pose questions upon questions without letting them have a chance at answering... so it feels as if the person is not that good. So, I think the internet is better where every1 gets to have their say....

Reaction score
I even know people who went to a huge demonstration and told how thousands of people came but when they showed it on TV it seemed like not more than a thousand showed up.... they'd cleverly zoom in on the front part so the mass of people isn't in the shoot... but if you browse for images of that same demonstration online or even in newspapers you find that there was a huge turn up...
Could you give a named example?

I never got the idea about the interviewing thing.. thanks!
Everyone gets to have their say.... does that relate to news source?

Btw, JazakAllah Khair for the reply!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Could you give a named example?

I never got the idea about the interviewing thing.. thanks!
Everyone gets to have their say.... does that relate to news source?

Btw, JazakAllah Khair for the reply!

well, that incident happened in my country..... but search for such stuff and u'll find stuff... I don't think u saw that vid I kept as status some days ago... coz it had an example of media messing with stuff:
MAGIC's Biggest Secrets revealed: https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLvpx_a9M0c

ur welcome... :)
yes, source is imp but TV has to earn loads so if being biased earns more...

Reaction score
well, that incident happened in my country..... but search for such stuff and u'll find stuff... I don't think u saw that vid I kept as status some days ago... coz it had an example of media messing with stuff:
MAGIC's Biggest Secrets revealed: https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLvpx_a9M0c
ur welcome... :)
yes, source is imp but TV has to earn loads so if being biased earns more...
ohhh ok... I must look up for such incidents.. it would be a very good point..
nopes, i hadn't.. missed it! I'll look it up now, InshaAllah.. but if it's related to religion or politics.. it's not allowed in our debates..

Reaction score
robinhoodmustafa Could you please explain why you voted for television over internet?
I choose TV because It is still the leading New's teller among the people in Down Economic nation. As you Can See that in Pakistan people are Mostly illiterate and cannot Read so TV has been a Blessing for them,They can Hear the News through the news Channel Plus I don't Consider internet News on Internet to be more reliable.It can always be wrong or Tampered while TV people Show us the actual Footage + Review of the Event or News.Sometimes you Can Get people Comments and Reporters report on the Topic etc.. and the dependency on the internet and gadgets , U need to have net or device to View the Internet news which is price-ly and hectic :)

I like watching News on TV Like for example I wanna Know that whether My School is open or not (diff Cases and scenario's) than the internet might not tell me that but My TV would. and If Conditions of city are worse it can alert us not to Go Outside etc etc ... things like that. and sorry I am typing this on my Mobile :p So is kinda mess

Reaction score
The TV Vs Internet news Research study chart
689-1.png

Reaction score
I choose TV because It is still the leading New's teller among the people in Down Economic nation. As you Can See that in Pakistan people are Mostly illiterate and cannot Read so TV has been a Blessing for them,They can Hear the News through the news Channel Plus I don't Consider internet News on Internet to be more reliable.It can always be wrong or Tampered while TV people Show us the actual Footage + Review of the Event or News.Sometimes you Can Get people Comments and Reporters report on the Topic etc.. and the dependency on the internet and gadgets , U need to have net or device to View the Internet news which is price-ly and hectic :)

I like watching News on TV Like for example I wanna Know that whether My School is open or not (diff Cases and scenario's) than the internet might not tell me that but My TV would. and If Conditions of city are worse it can alert us not to Go Outside etc etc ... things like that. and sorry I am typing this on my Mobile :p So is kinda mess
I am not a Pakistani.. so I don't know much about your country..
Do you mean to say that they are unable to access internet coz they are old?

But the television is mostly one sided .. so it isn't reliable.., especially if the tv channel is owned by the government.. so the audience are forced to hear only what they've got to say and do not get to hear the other part of it.. just like how badrobot14 stated..

Internet maybe price-ly compared to the tv, as you stated.. but that does not necessarily mean that the internet does not provide the better news..

Does the TV inform whether your school is opened or not??? You can check out your school's website..
yes, the tv warns us, but most of us today are more hooked onto the internet than the tv, so how would we know that they are trying to warn us? unless we are watching the tv at that moment..

Reaction score
The TV Vs Internet news Research study chart
689-1.png
Yes, I agree to this chart, but look at it again, the number of ppl getting the info from the television is reducing while the number of ppl getting info from the internet is increasing dramatically, so doesn't that mean that people are shifting over to the better news source, which is the internet?