• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which mathematics should I take for AS level ?

Reaction score
Which mathematics should I take along with P-1 in my AS level, should it be S-1 or M-1 ?
Is S-1 harder,easier or moreover the same than M-1 ??????

Reaction score
if u gonna do physics then its much better if u do mechanics m-1 coz its similar to what u will study in physics !

K.P

Reaction score
Well if u do physics then it makes m1 easier because it is very similar to some of the things u cover in physics. But at my school they recommend we do s1 as it is more useful and used in a wider range of things and even then s1 is not that hard i still find it pretty easy compared to p1. So if u do physics and what to take the easy route then do m1 i guess but if u want to learn some new things then take s2. and also m1 is just related to mainly physics i.e things like engineering or a physics degree, but s1 is used in lots of things such as biology, some business subjects and overall in more things than m1. And i also want to do engineering but I'm taking s1, well actually I'v finished s1; doing s2 and p2&3 now so yea it doesn't matter that much but if u do physics and want a easier option then do m1, and if u want to learn something new then take s1. And if u don't do physics then both their difficulties are about the same..

K.P

Reaction score
Well if you've done both and that what u think then well I guess you could potentially be right.. but I guess the main point is that m1 and the mechanics part of physics are very similar..

Reaction score
In my honest opinion, P3 is the only unit that reeaallly prepares you for varsity - the other work you can pick up as you go on...

S1 M1 for me was the easiest option because I had to go through both S2 M2 for the further maths.

Reaction score
if u r taking physics then during M1 is better than S1.....other ys take S1...personally i prefer S1 then M1(i am not a physics loving person)