• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

which subject band is best for getting admission in LUMS?

Reaction score
i did my o levels in business subjects. now i have decided to take maths, accounts, economics in A levels but cant finalise the 4the subject. i thought of business st. but the Principal of LGS JT suggested to take law, world history or sociology instead., by the way, her vote was for sociology. now can you help me which subject to choose giving a solid reason as well, and kindly quote your personal experience, if there is any. thanks:)

Reaction score
having studied at lgs jt, i would say dont take law (very less A's)
sociology i dont know. It aint a valuable subject (the teacher is good he was my debates coach)
history i took in alevels, by Grace of God i had an A in it (the teacher is quite good, but uve gotta work hard urself). Its a tough but double credit subject

i would suggest that you only take any of these three subjects if you had an A in your olevel english, otherwise not.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?h1l1h122z59evas

these are the notes for history p1 and p3 i compiled

Reaction score
i did my o levels in business subjects. now i have decided to take maths, accounts, economics in A levels but cant finalise the 4the subject. i thought of business st. but the Principal of LGS JT suggested to take law, world history or sociology instead., by the way, her vote was for sociology. now can you help me which subject to choose giving a solid reason as well, and kindly quote your personal experience, if there is any. thanks:)
Why not go for Business Studies as 4th one?

Reaction score
Man go for Business Studies, it is the only real world application that you will come across at a levels and you fill see the things you get to do in this one subject will come across you even at MBA level. Plus the kind of contextualised skills this will develop is what you will need to score high in a management related degree

Reaction score
having studied at lgs jt, i would say dont take law (very less A's)
sociology i dont know. It aint a valuable subject (the teacher is good he was my debates coach)
history i took in alevels, by Grace of God i had an A in it (the teacher is quite good, but uve gotta work hard urself). Its a tough but double credit subject

i would suggest that you only take any of these three subjects if you had an A in your olevel english, otherwise not.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?h1l1h122z59evas

these are the notes for history p1 and p3 i compiled
hmmmm, thanks, btw, who was your debating coach?