• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Who's giving four A'levels this May/June 2012?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
As-salam-o-alaikum wr wb!

I'm appearing for four full A'levels (AS & A2) in this session for
  • Maths
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Physics
Anybody here, with the same subjects ?

How are you preparing? need help..how to manage time efficiently, with just a few days left!

Reaction score
well I was going to give 4 as-level this may/june but I dropped one. the only common subject that we take is maths. For maths I read the chapters and make a summary for them (cuz I am preparing by myself, so there isn't anybody to help me out), then I solve all the exercises (ESPECIALLY IN MECHANICS) then after completing the book I solve almost all the past-papers, but don't forget to save for april, that is my revision month ;)

and I would like to ask you a question, do you know anybody that will be giving Geography AS-Level examinations. I need notes cuz there are some topics which are hard to find on the net.

Reaction score

• Maths
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Physics

How are you preparing? need help..how to manage time efficiently, with just a few days left!
i am going for 3 excluding bio......dude just go for more and more practice of pastpapers and specially application part....if u can manage to read book it would be great....Prayer is the most essential part of success in any field of life...

Reaction score
Physics AS , Maths AS , biology AS and Urdu Alevel this may june session.
xpf memeber asked how to manage time etc: just don't waste time. devise a plan for everyday. strictly follow it, get ur notes checked and keep working hard! :D

Reaction score
3 Subjects. I Dont take bio since I decided which field Im going for a degree in :).
If you're not confident for past papers, go through the syllabus and revise the chapters you're not confident in. Practice topical questions to increase your grip on the chapter.
Well best thing to do is do past papers and worksheets for each subjects once done with the syllabus. Im studying 4.5 hrs on average daily, 1.5 for each subject. You can also clear doubts at College as well as practice Practicals whenever you get a chance.
Physics http://www.xtremepapers.com/communi...s-worksheets-with-mss-from-chadhas-book.9428/ seems very useful. Past papers will be some great addition.
Chemistry the best is past papers, Maths too. Whatever you do, don't forget to practice Maths daily!
I really suggest you cut-down on any extra time-consuming activities and the internet. 1 hr of internet or as per your choice daily. Prayer is a necessity, always make Dua :D
Eat, drink and sleep healthy :D
Mobile phones are a huge distraction. Get a cheap one with the usual call/message facility only as you please and put the other one away until exams are over. Unluckily mine got stolen just the day I was gonna swap it :(
I would happily welcome any other suggestions :D

Reaction score
I'm doing my AS levels this May/June;
  • AS Maths C2 & S1 [Edexcel]
  • AS Physics [Cambridge]
  • AS Applied Information and communication technology [Cambridge]
  • AS Computing [Cambridge]
I set targets for each month (or sometimes 2/3 weeks) and then do a past paper on the subject, and see how your results keep on getting better as you are finishing the entire course.

Reaction score
Im going for 3:
A2 Physics
A2 Mathematics
A2 Chemistry

The procedure I have been following is to take up a topic at a time and thoroughly wrap it up, including detailed study, past papers and making my very own notes.

Reaction score

• Maths
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Physics

Same here but my Bio is good.
Have little problem in Physics circular motion and SHM. And have absolutely no practice of the A2
Maths is perfect Masha Allah except P3.
Have a lot of problem Chemistry Organics and overall reactions and mechanisms.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Same here but my Bio is good.
Have little problem in Physics circular motion and SHM. And have absolutely no practice of the A2
Maths is perfect Masha Allah except P3.
Have a lot of problem Chemistry Organics and overall reactions and mechanisms.
aoa!

well...for me maths is the same..i mean i have no problems...alhumdulilah....and i normally dont prefer to waste time doing that...

bio ...i aint gud at it...

chem is gud for me....and phys isnt much bad either...all problem is bio :(

Reaction score
I am doing 5 AS this year! And I have finished A level Bio!
Bio isn't really difficult!

you still have time, so I estimate that bio has 24 chapters, and they are a combination of short and long ones.

just study 1 chapter a day! I know this might be slow but it is the best way to study bio!
here's how I did it:

-read the chapter very carefully, even the comments under the pictures matter!

-understand each sentence, if you don't, read it again and think about it! ( it has to make sense!)

-understand the chapter and the concept of it, and then memorize the important definitions.

-you can't memorize something which you don't understand!

-solve SAQ questions.

-memorize SAQ questions.

-and read the summary and memorize it.

-the next day, just read the summary of the previous chapter before going to the next one for a quick revision and then start a new one, the same way
as the old one.

-if you find a short chapter, like one that has 4 pages or so, join it to the chapter after it! that way you can save some time! ( in this case a day )

- and last but not least............

GOOD LUCK!!! :) :) :)

Reaction score
I am doing 5 AS this year! And I have finished A level Bio!
Bio isn't really difficult!

you still have time, so I estimate that bio has 24 chapters, and they are a combination of short and long ones.

just study 1 chapter a day! I know this might be slow but it is the best way to study bio!
here's how I did it:

-read the chapter very carefully, even the comments under the pictures matter!

-understand each sentence, if you don't, read it again and think about it! ( it has to make sense!)

-understand the chapter and the concept of it, and then memorize the important definitions.

-you can't memorize something which you don't understand!

-solve SAQ questions.

-memorize SAQ questions.

-and read the summary and memorize it.

-the next day, just read the summary of the previous chapter before going to the next one for a quick revision and then start a new one, the same way
as the old one.

-if you find a short chapter, like one that has 4 pages or so, join it to the chapter after it! that way you can save some time! ( in this case a day )

- and last but not least............

GOOD LUCK!!! :) :) :)
i have sum questions related to selection and evolution.......would yu help me???