• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why is Cambridge education discouraged in Pakistan?

Reaction score
I agree with hamidali391
The bottomline is :
It is wrong but it is there, we just have to accept it and gulp it down our throats!

Reaction score
In one way or another, you are criticizing the education of Pakistan. And like I told you, private institutions were created to cater your rights. AKU accepts alot of A'levels students. The reason why you don't get into KE and other government unis is because they have a system based on fsc education and the reason you get into AKU is because it is more or less based on A'levels system that is problem based and conceptual learning. A teacher from FSC himself told me that FSC is crap and concept-less, yet he teaches it because there is similar teaching in the government universities and avoiding fsc system is not possible. I hope you get my point. :)
Yes, I get your point. :)
But private universities also test candidates on bases of FSc right? :)

Reaction score
I am a Pakistani, I do love fsc system and respect its syllabus. I also agree that designing of fsc syllabus is far much better or if not than is atleast of equal worth than cambrige. On the contrary, the Pakistani government system for the collaboration with cambrige board is totally lineant and unfair; over some aspects.

Cambrige board changed its grading policy in 2010. from then onwards 80+ is considered as A. and concept of A* was introduced. Till that time, 2009 those students who have achieved 80+ were awarded B on there cambrige certificate.

Pakistani government , IBCC board is now taking 75% for grade B according of cambrige certificates. means if astudent is awarded 70+, B grade from cambrige then board will take it as 75%. Now when it comes for those students who have given their half of the paers before 2010??????

they were awarded B for even 87% and when it come to equavilance, IBCC takes 75% for 87%

Government should focus on this and should made a policy with respect to the cambrige grading before 2010.

Or else students are suffering too much. As I did.

I had 4 B's in o levels till 2009

all were 80+ around 87%
when I went for equivalence certificate they treated me same as for the B graders from 2010 onwards. They took my 80+ B 's as 75%

I even spoke to the councils mailed them, mailed british council but no worth.

I have to co-operate with that. my 90+ was considered as 85%, just becasue I gave some paers before 2010 and some in 2010.

Now is this that much hard to just make a policy for those students who have jsut appeared in examination before 2010??

That is simply just unfair and disgracing. Very much hurting and infuriating.

Reaction score
i agree with hamidali391 too..

wht i think the solution to this problem is that government should try to raise the standard of FSc and remove the rote system from it so that no one will ever go for O and A`level.

Reaction score
Yes. The long term solution to eradicating hunger and all other problems of Pakistan is to educate people.
Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto tried that in 1975 If I'm not wrong, it didn't work. The economy of Pakistan is not feasible enough to be spend on education, it would just be a waste, keeping in mind I'm not talking about his nationalization policy.

Reaction score
who is saying to invest all on education? if they just increase the budget allocated to education and if it is implemented correctly thn it can make a difference.
Plus, different education system is just another way of parting youth.

Reaction score
who is saying to invest all on education? if they just increase the budget allocated to education and if it is implemented correctly thn it can make a difference.
Plus, different education system is just another way of parting youth.
Though i m not a pakistani I still feel that even in India and other countries there isnt proper budgeting done....I mean this process of allocating more funds towards poverty is lacking,....and ALSO the the problem of spending huge amounts in the education sector is in India also......SO no solution to it.....unless the government wakes up and take proper steps