• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

World Distinctions

Reaction score
Hi

I reside in Malaysia and am taking my AS Chemistry exams in this session. What percentile mark would be required for a world distinction? What is the process of CIE choosing world distinctions?

Reaction score
Hi

I reside in Malaysia and am taking my AS Chemistry exams in this session. What percentile mark would be required for a world distinction? What is the process of CIE choosing world distinctions?
It depends in the threshold that is employed by Cambridge , if the paper is really easy and many students get A's (more than expected and predicted) then the threshold will be high sometimes as high as getting 85% for an A(Distinction) . If the paper is difficult and students really struggle and don't get too good marks then the threshold will be lowered , you might only have to get like 65% for an A.