• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Writing a perfect CV?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb

I was looking on some tips to writing a perfect CV. Please pour in your suggestions.

Thank you!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb

I was looking on some tips to writing a perfect CV. Please pour in your suggestions.

Thank you!

waalaikum assalam wr wb..

well, I personally like the one page CV format... it looks nice and its easier to navigate for the one trying to take the job interview etc..
search online and you will find templates for those; or what I do is just make one in MS PowerPoint... set the slide size to A4 size page and design one on it..

here are a few samples I had saved earlier on my computer..

elon-musk-one-page-resume.png (this one is a favorite of mine.. some resume company made one for elon musk using 1 page only..)
01_preview2.jpg
onepage_impressive_2.png

Attachments

• blue-side.docx
    26.2 KB · Views: 2

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
waalaikum assalam wr wb..

well, I personally like the one page CV format... it looks nice and its easier to navigate for the one trying to take the job interview etc..
search online and you will find templates for those; or what I do is just make one in MS PowerPoint... set the slide size to A4 size page and design one on it..

here are a few samples I had saved earlier on my computer..

(this one is a favorite of mine.. some resume company made one for elon musk using 1 page only..)

Okay jzk! Lemme see! A new graduate wouldn't have a lot of work experience tho

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Okay jzk! Lemme see! A new graduate wouldn't have a lot of work experience tho

yeah but s/he has internship/projects experience.. also they can mention workshops they have attended, things they have done to groom themselves.. also one can showcase their leadership and teamwork skills by mentioning societies and organizations they have worked in and in what capacities etc...

for instance a dear friend of mine had helped some staff in bookkeeping of an Islamic organization so he wrote this in his CV:
"Social Mentoring: I have recently volunteered to support a Non-profit Organization in management of its finance function. This includes training staff with adequate accounting skills along with development of an in-house financial reporting system."

he had made this CV for a teaching position that's why his focus is on mentoring...
one can even discuss their aims and ambitions..
but remember if someone good interviews u, they use these points for discussion so write stuff keeping that in mind... like when I interview fresh graduates.. and their CV mentions some project, I'd read about it and discuss what was it about and try to see their knowledge and ability to explain etc... Or hobbies are also a good place to start conversations...

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb

Thank you!
Ws Wr Wb
I know I am late but anyways

Well your CV must be no more than 1 page (both sides)
It's not professional to include your image, marital status and age unless you're explicitly asked
No need to put "references available on request", the employer would ask if they need one
Everything must be in chronological order. If you a fresh graduate and looking for job then put your Education first most like this:
Education
University (2014 - 2018)
gpa and coursework

A Level (2012 - 2014)
grades and subjects

Then you share all the professional experience in the same order. Your achievements, certifications and finally hobbies etc.

Instead of making a bland CV in Word, I myself have used this tool and always suggested others the same. It's amazing and has a range of formats you can choose from
cvmkr.com

All in all, your CV must have something different to offer...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ws Wr Wb
I know I am late but anyways

Well your CV must be no more than 1 page (both sides)
It's not professional to include your image, marital status and age unless you're explicitly asked
No need to put "references available on request", the employer would ask if they need one
Everything must be in chronological order. If you a fresh graduate and looking for job then put your Education first most like this:
Education
University (2014 - 2018)
gpa and coursework

A Level (2012 - 2014)
grades and subjects

Then you share all the professional experience in the same order. Your achievements, certifications and finally hobbies etc.

Instead of making a bland CV in Word, I myself have used this tool and always suggested others the same. It's amazing and has a range of formats you can choose from
cvmkr.com

All in all, your CV must have something different to offer...

No you aren't late actually! Thanks for this. Quite helpful.

And wow, even I didn't like the idea of image age etc or even that references part. But to my surprise, people usually include that!

I'll check that tool.

Thanks again! Jzk!