• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WTH.. Equivalence...

Reaction score
Chek out this link guyz ...

http://www.kims.edu.pk/a-level/ibcc-equ ... e-formula/

IF i want to apply for engineering i must have bio or computer in my olevels ... wtf ? Whats the use of getting straight A's and A*'s if u cant even apply in any university :mad:
SOmeone here was saying on forums that he got his equivalence on the basis of Add.Maths .. but how come. on the site it is mentioned they dont consider Ad.maths or Further Maths.. Can anyone throw light on this ???

So this means after all the studies, hardwork we are still standing nowehere.. WOW .

Reaction score
Yaar kia mazaak hai... Ullu k pathay Pakistani board walay.. they dont have brains. If i am going for engineering y the hell should i study bio .. :mad:@@ thats the reason why education here is so retarded.. Useless getting A's and A*'s ... So now i have to appear for Computer in november.. SIMPLY AWESOME :mad:

Reaction score
aloonumberone said:
Yaar kia mazaak hai... Ullu k pathay Pakistani board walay.. they dont have brains. If i am going for engineering y the hell should i study bio .. :mad:@@ thats the reason why education here is so retarded.. Useless getting A's and A*'s ... So now i have to appear for Computer in november.. SIMPLY AWESOME :mad:
Just cant stop laughing.
My school rocks :cool:

Reaction score
FUK IBCC.inhein lyn mei khara kr k chittar[JOOTAY marny chahiye]. FUK IBCC i repeat. wat da hell yar policy making bastards. y u r givin o level so much weightage.sorry MODERATORS IF my language offends u bt u cn sense the anger in the person who gets 6 a stars 1 a bt ONE fUKINB ON 79.
GUYX ANY ADVICE 4 ME.SHD i GIV isl again or rechek cos 79 PE B.ONCE AGAIN SORRY palnetmaster and all xpf members for my bad lang bt i cud nt control myself cos my skool didnt told me b4.i Am Fuked simple is dat!!!!!!

Reaction score
chill out ppl! if u have bio/admath/comp in O levels. u can get equivalence... i guarentee that!
plus, this source is my college. nd i don't think kims is "perfect" they must have wrongly placed bio in place of admath in engineering section!
nd since im giving a visit 2 the college tommorrw, ill make sure this thing is fixed!

Reaction score
MEIN JAZBATI HO GAYA THA BT if this iis equivalence policy its very gud 4 me....yAppA dAppa dooo

Reaction score
hey every1, one of ma friends wanted to do inter after o lvls and wasnt able to do so just b/c he had taken admaths in his o lvls, not bio or computer. therefore, we all are doomed.. Cant do anything now even.. Even if we appear in june, its a waste of tym b/c univ require equivalence by june..

However just wanted to ask a ques, I am planning to give bio through edexcel board b/c they conduct their papers in jan??? Can i do so?? I have given all my previous papers through GCE board. Plzzz help

Reaction score
ok guys, in my last post, my claim was wrong! i talked to my college's principal nd he xplained that the policy is changed after 2008. nd u all are right.
nd im feeling sorry to agree that ur doomed! :/

Reaction score
guys ..i gave da o level in xam in 2008 when their was no flippin A*!!!!

so if i get a b will tht be coverted to A as now a* is interduced????

Reaction score
r u SERIOUS!!!!!!! SO THT MEANS i gt a 75 according to F.Sc!!! where it was actually suppose to be 85!!

Reaction score
lol. its nothing like that. cambridge has not lowered their criteria of giving As. to get a rough idea, u can say that the "older" A at 95% + is now given A*.
the other grades remain same. so this means if u had an A in 2008. it will be given 85 marks.

Reaction score
comparing to them, A* is a good thing for us now. atleast we can get highest 90% is a subject by getting A*.
previously, max possible percentage after equivalence was 85, even if u had distinctions :S

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
aloonumberone said:
Chek out this link guyz ...

http://www.kims.edu.pk/a-level/ibcc-equ ... e-formula/

IF i want to apply for engineering i must have bio or computer in my olevels ... wtf ? Whats the use of getting straight A's and A*'s if u cant even apply in any university :mad:
SOmeone here was saying on forums that he got his equivalence on the basis of Add.Maths .. but how come. on the site it is mentioned they dont consider Ad.maths or Further Maths.. Can anyone throw light on this ???

So this means after all the studies, hardwork we are still standing nowehere.. WOW .
IBCC has recently revised equivalency.
I suggest you visit them since everything on that site isn't necessarily correct.