• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Xtra Subjects Yes or No ?

Reaction score
Hey guyz,.,. need help on whether should i go for any xtra subjects or should stick with my 8 subjects. The other problem is that 19 th August is the last day for registration and to appear privately i need my passport which can't be ready in the given time,.,.,. so there is no harm if i only give 8 subjects with no extra subjects ,.,. and also tell me the benefits of the xtra exams,.,. plz tell me urgently

Reaction score
There's no harm with not giving extra subjects. If you have already taken all your core subjects then you are good to go. Extra subjects just kinda boostup your reputation in terms of As. This is not as important in O level. I gave no extra subject in O level and got excepted everywhere for A level studies. But make sure you get good grades in the 8 subjects you are taking.

Reaction score
What if i get 6 or 7 A 's instead of 8,.,. xtra subjects could then prove to be handy to make up the straight A 's plus the scholarship thing also..,,. but time 's up now,.,.,.., so lets just focus on 6 now as i have already given Is and PS

Reaction score
yh wht i knw extra olevel As dsnt matter tht in future whereas Alevels Asdo have its own value.......................

n if u tgt around 7 to 8 As its commendable........ and one mre thng do stuck to ur field u want to go in da future dnt be a jack of all traders...

Reaction score
Yeah,. spot on there. Studying Bio as well as business subjects as the same time doesn't make sense to me. I can concentrate on the other subjects rather piling the pressure. And do xtra subjects in AS have a high value or is it like O levels

Reaction score
Just one more thing,.,. can we give Combine Sciences and Bio , Physics , Chem in the same session coz it is pretty much the same thing

Reaction score
You can't. You'll have to give them separately.

On the topic of extra subjects, I suppose you could take an extra one or two but if you go beyond that I think you're wasting your time. They're not that important, I didn't take any extra subject. I recommend taking Statistics or Environment Management for an extra subject but ultimately the subject you choose is your choice.