• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
971376_608018812554138_520061509_n.jpg

Reaction score
Nawafil I’tikaf for those who do not sit for the whole 10 days:

If a person cannot sit I’tikaf for the full ten days & nights then they should try & sit I’thikaf on as many days & nights as they possibly can.

They can make intention of doing Nawafil I’tikaf everytime they enter the Masjid so a person will be rewarded for the duration of their stay in the Masjid as long as they did not commit any sins or indulge in idle talk.

Reaction score
Last 10 Days of Ramadan

The last 10 days of Ramadan are to seek Refuge in ALLAH from the Hellfire.

Allahumma Ajirna min-an-naar. "O ALLAH! Save us from the fire."

Rabbanaa a tinaa fid dunyaa hasanah wa fil akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa azaaban naar

Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and defend us from the torment of the Fire!

In the last 10 days of Ramadaan is the blessed night of Laylat al-Qadr (Night of Decree), which every Muslim is encouraged to seek out because during this night the angels descend to earth with goodness, mercy and blessings. It is also well established that Laylat al-Qadr is an honoured night because it was the night on which the Qur'an was revealed.

"Verily, We have sent it (this Qur'an) down in the Night of Al Qadr. And what will make you know what the Night of Al Qadr is? The Night of Al Qadr is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping ALLAH in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months). Therein descend the angels and the Rooh [Jibreel (Gabriel)] by ALLAH's Permission with all Decrees, (All that night), there is peace (and goodness from ALLAH to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn"
(Qur'an - 97:1-5)

It was the practice of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to strive during the last 10 days of Ramadaan like no other time, to spend the night in prayer, supplication and recitation of the Qur'an. He also used to wake his family up to do the same.

Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: "Whoever stays up and prays on Laylat al-Qadr out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven."
(Hadith - Bukhari & Muslim)

Thus, the Muslim should make good use of the last 10 nights of Ramadaan and spend them in prayer and remembering ALLAH. We do not know for certain which night Laylat al-Qadr is, but the odd-numbered nights in the last 10 days are the most likely according to the hadith:

"Seek it in the odd nights of the last third of Ramadan."

(Hadith - Bukhari)

'Aa'ishah said: "I said, 'O Messenger of ALLAH, if I know which night is Laylat al-Qadr, what should I say on that night?' He said, 'Say:

Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibb al-'afwa fa'affu 'anni

(O ALLAH, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me)."

knowitall10 Al-Anoud sweetjinnah Kumkum CaptainDanger OakMoon! amna saleem Shah cardude456 AngelicBeauty RainbowSkittles Ibtizam ZKhanXZ IG student Thunder Bird danial 234 Amy Bloom cyclone94 1357911 Nabeel.Ahmad Iridescent Ahmedraza73 Warrior66 Maryum7 black widow scarface007 gary221 fille spéciale Shara Nafaz Sharmeen Nisar Xpolymer Meesum Muslimah98 muslimah Nibz badrobot14 Darkest Angel Bachelor Happily Insane @