• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
1607068_444677792302413_351768365_n.png

Reaction score
I was asking that does islam order Muslims to not take other non muslims ie(those who are not of included in 'people of the book' *Ahley Kitab* ) as their friends ????
I found two verses regarding this.

"Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers (Kuffar) rather than believers; if any do that in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution that ye may guard yourselves from them. But God cautions you (to remember) Himself for the final goal is to Allah." (Qur’an; 3:28)

"O believers! Take neither Jews nor Christians as your protecting friends (auliya): they are only protecting friends of one another. Whoever of you disobeys this commandment will be counted as one of them. Surely God does not guide the wrongdoers." (Qur’an; 5:51)

However there are many Critique of this view.

Reaction score
And what about those who are not the 'people of book' ??? Are muslims allowed to have a friendship with them ?:unsure:

I don't know exactly. But I think extreme deep friendship with them is not very encouraged, especially if there are Muslims whom you can befriend. But that doesn't mean you be mean to them or rude. The Prophet, our role model is the best person to look upto in this regard. Consider the case of that old lady at Fathe Makkah who was running away when the city was conquered peacefully by the Prophet. But the Prophet was so kind and gracious to her that all her animosity and hatred was wiped away and she accepted Islam. I mean Subhan Allah. That's how we should be. Just because they are non Muslims we are not entitled to be rude to them or treat them inhumanely. And it also doesn't mean that we love them so much we wish them "Merry Christmas", "Happy Diwali" etc and participate in their festivals and religious practices. As long as the friendship doesn't pose a threat to our religion, our Aqeedah and our Hudood (limits of Haram and Halal prescribed by Allah the Prophet) I think its alright. But having Muslims as friends is so much more safer.
For e.g. a non Muslim may encourage things such as Riba etc. Whereas a Muslim friend may discourage you from it.
Anyways, just one point: If we truly care for our non Muslim friends, maybe doing Dawah can be the best form of showing your concern for the person. It shows that you are not only worried about his/ her Dunya but also his/ her Aakhira (which is THE GOAL , the real deal!)! Now you really are his/ her friend as you love person that you would hate to even think that person would go to hell because of his/ her disbelief, so you'd try to do Dawah!
Perhaps these verses may explain a few things. Try reading their Tafseer. It may help.

"Let not believers take disbelievers as allies rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah , except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the [final] destination." (Al Quran 3:28)

"O you who have believed, take not those who have taken your religion in ridicule and amusement among the ones who were given the Scripture before you nor the disbelievers as allies. And fear Allah , if you should [truly] be believers." (Al Quran 5:57)

"Your ally is none but Allah and [therefore] His Messenger and those who have believed - those who establish prayer and give zakah, and they bow [in worship]."
(Al Quran 5:55)

Anyway these Hadith show what real, true friendship in Islam is all about:

Anas reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who possesses three attributes will experience the sweetness of belief: that he loves Allah and His Messenger more than anything else; that he loves someone for the sake of Allah alone; and that he hates the idea of reverting to disbelief as much as he would hate being thrown into a fire." [Agreed upon]

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "There are seven whom Allah will shade with His shade on the day when there is no shade but His shade: a just Imam, a youth who grows up worshipping Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, a man whose heart is attached to the mosque, two men who love each other for the sake of Allah, meeting and parting for that reason alone, a man who refuses the advances of a noble and beautiful woman, saying, 'I fear Allah', a man who gives sadaqa and conceals it so that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives, and a man who remembers Allah when he is alone and his eyes overflow with tears." [Agreed upon]