• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
1321_567029943338302_914839838_n.jpg

Reaction score
Signs of sincerity – Shaikh Salih al-Munajjid

The scholars mentioned some signs, which reflect that the person has sincerity, such as:

Not longing to become known:

Ibraaheem ibn Al-Ad-ham, [may Allaah have mercy upon him], said:

“A slave who seeks to become famous and known is not a sincere slave of Allaah.”

Not longing to be praised:

Some scholars said:

“A scholar should address the people while having a sincere intention. As soon as he starts liking what he is saying, then he should stop and remain silent, and if being silent becomes appealing to him, then he should start to talk. He should never stop holding himself to account because people naturally like to be recognized and praised.”

In addition to the above point, the following are more signs reflecting sincerity:

 Being energetic in working for the sake of Islaam.
 Rushing to work for the sake of Islaam for the sake of Allaah and not only when there is an expected return.
 Persevering and not complaining.

 Being keen on hiding one’s deeds.

 Perfecting the work even if it is done in secret.

 Being keen on performing deeds in secret.

 Making the work done in secret more than that done in public.

These are signs reflecting sincerity on the part of the slave, but one should be careful not to feel sincere, because the moment one starts to feel that he is sincere, then he needs to purify his intention as this feeling (of being sincere) reflects that he lost sincerity. We ask Allaah to make us among His sincere slaves and to purify our hearts and deeds from showing off and hypocrisy.

[Sincerity, pg. 50-51]

Reaction score
Shab-e-Mairaj: What did the Prophet(saws) do?

Important.Plz read the full msg

Indeed, one night the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaihi Wassallam) was granted the Night Journey of al-Israa’ wal Mi’raaj, when he was first transported from Masjid al-Haraam to Masjid al-Aqsa and then onwards, he ascended to the Heavens and Allaah spoke to him as He willed, and enjoined the five daily prayers upon him.
This is definitely part of our Aqeedah. It says so in the Qur’aan [al-Isra':1]

However, the big question to ask is…….
What did the Prophet (SAWS) do when the same day arrived the next year? Or the year after that?
Did he EVER celebrate the night of al-Israa’ wal Mi’raaj, or fast the next day???
Did he tell the sahaabah to celebrate that night as a ’special night’ for worshipping Allaah or fast the next day?

The answer to all of the above is a big resounding NO!

The Prophet (SAWS) said, “There is nothing that brings you closer to Jannah except that I have informed you about it and there is nothing that brings you closer to the fire of Hell except that I have warned you against it.” (at-Tabaraani–Saheeh)

Then why do we not have ANY Saheeh reports of the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaihi Wassallam) or the Sahaabah worshipping Allaah especially on this night and fasting the next day?

ANSWER: BECAUSE THAT WAS NOT THE PRACTICE OF RASUL ALLAAH (Sal Allaahu Alaihi Wassallam) OR HIS SAHAABAH!

And if it wasn’t the practice of our Beloved Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaihi Wassallam) or his Sahaabah, then, why, O Muslim, do YOU insist on doing it???

Is good intention enough??
I know beyond doubt, that in celebrating this night, your intention is good. But dear brother/sister, in order for our worship to be accepted, it also has to be prescribed in the Qur’aan and Sunnah. If it is not so, it will be rejected.

The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaihi Wassallam) said: “Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours that is not part of it will have it rejected.” (Bukhaari, Muslim)

Exact date unknown???

Shaykh ‘Abd al-’Azeez ibn Baaz said:
“With regard to this night on which the Isra’ and Mi’raaj took place, there is nothing in the saheeh ahaadeeth to indicate that it is in Rajab.….” (Islam-qa)

But, what’s the harm in it???
Now, some of you will say, “What’s the harm in it? I am just worshipping Allah!”

But, the answer to that, O noble reader, is…..
“And whosoever opposes the Messenger (Muhammad Sal Allaahu Alaihi Wassallam) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell – what an evil destination!” [Surah an-Nisaa:115]

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen says: “Fasting on the twenty-seventh of Rajab and spending that night in prayer is a bid’ah (innovation), and every bid’ah is a going astray.” (Majmoo’ Fataawa , 20/440)

So, remember, my dear brothers and sisters in Islaam, DO NOT single out the 27th for your worship because it was NOT the practice of the Prophet OR his Sahaabah.

Reaction score
When you feel like you can't keep going, turn your heart to Allah and say this: "I can't. But You can. I'm weak. But You're strong. Take me in, not because of me--but because of You. Your mercy is stronger than my weakness. Your perfection is greater than my humanness. I besiege You to replace what's lost, mend what's broken, and allow my hope in You to kill my despair.
- Yasmin mogahed

Reaction score
If only we knew and truly believed we would make sincere DUA….

“The supplication of a Muslim for his brother in his absence will certainly be answered. Every time he makes a supplication for good for his brother, the angel appointed for this particular task says: Ameen! May it be for you too’.” [Muslim].

But here is how you make it unique:

1. Do it for someone who wouldn’t expect it from you without telling that person to make it most sincere and for the sake of Allah.

2. Diversify the duas and people you make dua for so that you can be given different things. So in particular think of a person in each of the following categories and make dua for them daily:

a. A person who has good qualities but hasn’t been guided to faith. Make dua for guidance for that person so that perhaps Allah grants you further guidance.

b. A person who is involved in Islamic work, that Allah accepts from them and keeps them sincere so that perhaps Allah uses you for His cause and keeps you sincere.

c. A person who is committing a public sin. Make dua that Allah forgives that person. Imagine if the dua is accepted for a major public sin, then the angels will say ameen for you also and perhaps Allah will forgive you for both your public and private sins.

d. A person who is ill, that Allah grants him or her full health so that perhaps Allah will either heal you if you are sick or preserve your health for you if you are healthy.

e. A person who is struggling financially or suffering a worldly hardship, ask Allah to help that person so that perhaps Allah will help you in that same situation.

f. A person who has a particular blessing that you wish for, that Allah maintains that blessing upon that person without making it a means of taking him or her away from goodness in the hereafter so that perhaps Allah will grant it for you or maintain your blessings upon you without making them a means of harm for you.

Allahu Akbar!

[Take 60 seconds…] After each prayer & make sincere heartfelt dua for our brothers and sisters who are in need and struggling.

Reaction score
What is the ruling on offering congratulations on Friday, because now it is the custom in our country on Friday to send text messages and people congratulate one another on the occasion of Friday by saying “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” or “Jumu‘ah tayyibah.”.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

There is no doubt that Friday is an “Eid” or “festival” for the Muslims, as it says in the hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “This is a day of ‘Eid that Allah has ordained for the Muslims, so whoever comes to Jumu‘ah, let him do ghusl, and if he has any perfume let him put some on, and you should use the miswaak.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1098; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said, describing the special virtues of Friday:

Thirteen: It is a day of ‘Eid that is repeated every week.

Zaad al-Ma‘aad, 1/369

Thus the Muslims have three Eids: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, which come once every year, and Jumu‘ah which is repeated once every week.

Secondly:

With regard to the Muslims congratulating one another on the occasions of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, this is prescribed and it is narrated from the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them). This has been discussed previously in the answers to questions no. 49021 and 36442. As for congratulating one another on the occasion of Friday, what seems to us to be the case is that it is not prescribed, because the fact that Friday is an Eid was known to the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), and they were more knowledgeable than us about its virtues, and they were keen to respect it and give it its due, but there is no report to suggest that they used to congratulate one another on Fridays. And all goodness is in following them (may Allah be pleased with them).

Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan (may Allah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on sending text messages every Friday and ending with the phrase “Jumu‘ah mubaarak”?

He replied:

The early generation did not congratulate one another on Fridays, so we should not introduce anything that they did not do.

End quote from Ajwabat As’ilah Majallat al-Da‘wah al-Islamiyyah.

A similar fatwa was issued by Shaykh Sulaymaan al-Maajid (may Allah preserve him), when he said:

We do not think it is prescribed to exchange congratulations on Fridays, such as saying to one another, “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” and so on, because it comes under the heading of du‘aa’s and dhikrs, which must be based on a text (of the Qur’aan or Sunnah) because this is purely the matter of worship and if it were good, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) would have done it before us. If anyone suggests that this is permissible, then that may imply that it is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one another after having done the five daily prayers and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these times was not done by the early generations.

End quote from the Shaykh’s website (may Allah preserve him)

http://www.salmajed.com/ar/node/2601

If a Muslim prays for his brother on Friday with the intention of softening his heart and making him happy, and seeking the time when supplications are answered, there is nothing wrong with that.

And Allah knows best