• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
Correction: These Duas are adopted from Daeef Ahadith.
The correct duas are as follows:
There is no Dua for declaring one's fasting intent from the Sahaih Ahadith. The Niyyah can be done in your heart the night before Suhur.
And whereas for Iftar:
Just say Bismillah and break your fast with a date.
Then after you have had some water, juice, any fluids to moisten your throat, say:
"Dhahabaz zama' u wabtallatil urooqu wa sabatal ajru Insha Allah"
(The thirst has gone, the veins are moistened and a reward is confirmed if Allah wills.)
Right! :)

Reaction score
What’s the difference between Maghfirah (مغفرة ) and Afu (عفو )?
Maghfriah: is for Allah to forgive you for the sin but the sin will still be registered on your book of deeds.
Afu: is for Allah to forgive you for the sin and delete it from your book of deeds as if it did not happen.
That is why our beloved Prophet peace be upon him advised us to read this dua: اللهم انك عفو تحب العفو فاعفو عنا
(Allahuma Enaka Affu, Tuhibul afua , Fa’afu Anna)
So make sure you read this dua all the time and as much as you can. Make it one of your daily athkaar.JazakAllah 

Reaction score
The Ultimate Dua List by Sh. Navaid Aziz

Assalam ‘alaikum everyone,

I looked at the greatest needs we have in this day and age and selected 7 dua’s from the Quran and Sunnah that I feel would be in the best interests of every Muslim.

It would be ideal to print this list (or have it on your phone) and keep it handy at the time of iftar. Likewise, please add to your list anything else that you would like, especially that which your heart desires.

For your convenience I have included the Arabic, English transliteration, and English translation.

I pray Allah accepts from us all, and makes us from those who are forgiven and pardoned this Ramadan and entered into alfirdaws in the hereafter. Ameen.

Was salam
-Navaid

1-للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي أَعْوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الهَـمِّ وَ الْحُـزْنِ، والعًجْـزِ والكَسَلِ والبُخْـلِوالجُـبْنِ، وضَلْـعِ الـدَّيْنِ وغَلَبَـةِ الرِّجال

Allahumma inni ‘audhubika min al-hammi wal huzani,wal ‘ajzi wal kasali, wal bukhli wal jubni, wa dala’ad-dayni wa ghalabatal-rijâl.

O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety andsorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debtsand from being over powered by men.

2- رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِيالدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Rubbana aatina fid-dunya hassana,wa fil akhirati hassana, waqina ‘adhab an-nar

Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [thatwhich is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire. 2:201

3- رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَالصَّلَاةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاءِ
رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِيوَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

Rubbi j’alnee muqeem as-salati wa mindhuriyyati. Rubbana, wa taqabbal dua’. Rubbana ighfir li wa li walidayya wa lilmu’mineena yawma yaqoom ul-hisab

My Lord, make me an establisher of prayer, and [many] from my descendants. OurLord, and accept my supplication. OurLord, forgive me and my parents and the believers the Day the account isestablished. 14:40-41

4-اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أسْـأَلُـكَ العَـفْوَوَالعـافِـيةَ في الدُّنْـيا وَالآخِـرَة ، اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أسْـأَلُـكَالعَـفْوَ وَالعـافِـيةَ في ديني وَدُنْـيايَ وَأهْـلي وَمالـي ، اللّهُـمَّاسْتُـرْ عـوْراتي وَآمِـنْ رَوْعاتـي ، اللّهُـمَّ احْفَظْـني مِن بَـينِ يَدَيَّوَمِن خَلْفـي وَعَن يَمـيني وَعَن شِمـالي ، وَمِن فَوْقـي ، وَأَعـوذُ بِعَظَمَـتِكَأَن أُغْـتالَ مِن تَحْتـي

Allahumma inni as-alukaal-‘afwa wal ‘afiyata fid dunya wal akhira. Allahumma inni as-aluka al ‘afwa walafiyata fee deeni wa dunyaya wa ahlee wa malee. Allahumma ustur ‘awrati wa aminrow’ati. Allahumma ahfadhnee min bayni yadayya min khalfi wa ‘an yameeni wa ‘anshimali wa min fowqi wa a’oodhu bi ‘adhmatika an aghtaala min tahti.

"OAllah, I ask You for pardon and well-being in this life and the next. O Allah,I ask You for pardon and well-being in my religious and worldly affairs, and myfamily and my wealth. O Allah, veil my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay. OAllah, preserve me from the front and from behind and on my right and on myleft and from above, and I take refuge with You lest I be swallowed up by theearth."

5-
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أَسْأَلُـكَ عِلْمـاً نافِعـاً وَرِزْقـاً طَيِّـباً ،وَعَمَـلاً مُتَقَـبَّلاً
Allahuma inni as-aluka‘ilman nafi’an wa rizqan tayyiban wa ‘amalan matqaballa
“O Allah, I ask You forknowledge which is beneficial and sustenance which is good, and deeds which areacceptable. [to be said after giving salam for the fajr prayer]”

6-
اللّهُـمَّ أَعِـنِّي عَلـى ذِكْـرِكَ وَشُكْـرِك ، وَحُسْـنِ عِبـادَتِـك

Allahuma a’inni ‘aladhikrika washukrika wahusni‘ibadatik
“O Allah, help me toremember You, to thank You, and to worship You in the best of manners.”

7-
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أَسْأَلُـكَ الجَـنَّةَ وأََعوذُ بِـكَ مِـنَ الـنّار
Allahuma inni as-aluka al-jannata wa a’udhubika min an-nar.

"O Allah, I ask You togrant me Paradise and I take refuge in Youfrom the Fire."

Please do share to maximize your reward and benefit!

Reaction score
From Omar Suleiman (Al Maghrib instructor):

I know that you know youre supposed to make dua for others, but did you know...“The supplication of a Muslim for his brother in his absence will certainly be answered. Every time he makes a supplication for good for his brother, the angel appointed for particular task says: ‘Ameen! May it be for you too’.” [Muslim].

Since the dua of the fasting person is accepted this is the best time to do it. But here is how you make it unique:

1. Do it for someone who wouldn’t expect it from you without telling that person to make it most sincere and for the sake of Allah.

2. Diversify the duas and people you make dua for so that you can be given different things. So in particular think of a person in each of the following categories and make dua for them daily:

a) A person who has good qualities but hasn’t been guided to faith. Make dua for guidance for that person so that perhaps Allah grants you further guidance.

b) A person who is involved in Islamic work, that Allah accepts from them and keeps them sincere so that perhaps Allah uses you for His cause and keeps you sincere.

c) A person who is committing a public sin. Make dua that Allah forgives that person. Imagine if the dua is accepted for a major public sin, then the angels will say ameen for you also and perhaps Allah will forgive you for both your public and private sins.

d) A person who is ill, that Allah grants him or her full health so that perhaps Allah will either heal you if you are sick or preserve your health for you if you are healthy.

e) A person who is struggling financially or suffering a worldly hardship, ask Allah to help that person so that perhaps Allah will help you in that same situation.

f) A person who has a particular blessing that you wish for, that Allah maintains that blessing upon that person without making it a means of taking him or her away from goodness in the hereafter so that perhaps Allah will grant it for you or maintain your blessings upon you without making them a means of harm for you.

www.RamadanResolutions.com

Reaction score
The Three Levels of Fasting:

1. General fasting
2. Specific fasting
3. Specified specific fasting

General fasting - is by preventing the stomach and the private parts from attaining their desires.

Specific fasting - is preventing the eyes, the tongue, the hands, the feet, the ears as well as the rest of the limbs from sinning.

Specified, specific fasting - is the fasting of the heart from lowly concerns and thoughts that distance one from Allah the Elevated, and preventing the heart from anything other than Allah in totality.

This type of fasting has its own explanation which will be described elsewhere.

Amongst the mannerisms of specific fasting;

Lowering the gaze, preserving the tongue from offensive, impermissible or disliked speech, or speech that is of no benefit, and likewise protecting the rest of the limbs.

In the Hadeeth that was collected by al-Bukharee, that the Prophet – صلى الله عليه وسلم - said:

"Whoever does not forsake vain speech and acting according to it, then Allah has no need for him to forsake his food and drink."
Also from the etiquette [of fasting]; is that one does not fill his stomach at night, rather one should eat only what is sufficient, for indeed the child of Adam has not filled a vessel that is worse than his stomach.

When a person feels full in the beginning of the night, he would not benefit himself for the rest of the night, likewise when one is full at the time of Sahoor, he would not be able to benefit himself until right before Dhuhr.

This is because eating excessively induces laziness and fatigue. Furthermore, the objective of fasting is squandered by excessively eating, because what is intended is for the person to experience hunger and to forsake desire.

Ahmad ibn ‘Abdur Rahmaan al-Maqdisee
Mukhtasar Minhaaj al Qaasideen p.50

Reaction score
“May Allah help the Muslims of Palestine.
May Allah help the Muslims of Syria.
May Allah help the Muslims of Burma.
May Allah help the Muslims of Gaza.
May Allah help the Muslims of Somalia.
May Allah help the Muslims of Egypt.
May Allah help the Muslims of Libya.
May Allah help the Muslims of Iraq.
May Allah help the Muslims of Kashmir.
May Allah help the Muslims of China.
May Allah help the Muslims of Central African Republic.
May Allah help the Muslims of Chechnya.
May Allah help the Muslims of Afghanistan.
May Allah help the Muslims of Pakistan.
May Allah help the Muslims of Bangladesh.
May Allah help the Muslims of Morocco.
May Allah help the Muslims of Yemen.
May Allah help the Muslims of Algeria
May Allah help the Muslims of Sudan.
May Allah help the Muslims of Lebanon.
Ya Allah give victory to the Ummah.
Allaahumma Aameen Ya Rabb! :( Please Say AMEEN”