• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[100 DAY COUNTDOWN] 2018 may/june IGCSE/O-level exams discussion [OFFICIAL]

Reaction score
Hi pals!
it is now almost 100 days left till the start of exams, so lets utilise this thread for discussion about the exams, but before that, list down the subjects you are taking, and please don't leave this thread to die, we will need it in april and may (y)

My subjects:
IGCSE,
1-mathematics (0580)
2-esl (o511)
3-Bio(0610)
4-Physics(0625)
5-Chemistry (0620)
6-ICT(0417)

dropped :(
7-Add maths (0606)
8-Economics(0455)
9-arabic (0544)

Good Luck!
(attached is the timetable)

Attachments

• 422446-zone-3-june-2018-timetable.pdf
    771.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm doing o level :) .....

My subjects :
1) Mathematics ( syllabus D - 4029 )
2) English ( 1125)
3) French ( 3014)
4) chemistry ( 5070)
5) physics ( 5054)
6) biology ( 5090)
7) add maths ( 4039)
8) Computer science ( 2216)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have alhamuduallah appeared in 7 subjects by now ( Not bragging it is only by the grace of All mighty Allah)
Pak.std A
Urdu A*
Islamiyat A*
English A
Economics A
Commerce A
Sociology C
And the remaining are
Maths ( Syallabus D )
Business Studies
Acounts
Btw awesome threat guys

Reaction score
The 'original' source for the sixth article of faith:

"The sixth and last article of Islamic faith is belief in divine decree which means that everything
good or bad, all moments of happiness or sorrow, pleasure or pain, come from God.
First, God’s foreknowledge is infallible. God is not indifferent to this world or its people. He is
Wise and Loving, but this should not make us fatalists, throwing up our hands and saying,
‘what’s the point of making any effort?’ God’s foreknowledge does not compromise human
responsibility. God holds us accountable for what we can do, what is within our capability, but
He does not hold us accountable for things we cannot do. He is Just and, as He has given us
only limited responsibility, judges us accordingly. We should think, plan and make the right
choices, but, if sometimes things do not turn out the way we want, we need not lose hope or get
depressed. We should pray to God and try again. If in the end we still do not achieve what we
wanted, we should know we have tried our best and are not responsible for the results.
God knows what the creatures will do, encompassing everything by His knowledge. He knows
all that exists, in entirety and totality, by virtue of His eternal foreknowledge.
“Truly, nothing is hidden from God, in the earth or in the heavens.” (Quran 3:5)
Whoever refuses this denies God’s perfection, because the opposite of knowledge is either
ignorance or forgetfulness. It would mean God would have been mistaken in his foreknowledge
of future events; He would no longer be omniscient. Both are deficiencies which God is free of.
Second, God has recorded everything that will occur until the Day of Judgment in the Preserved
Tablet (al-Lauh al-Mahfuz in Arabic). The life spans of all human beings are written and the
amount of their sustenance apportioned. Everything that is created or occurs in the universe is
according to what is recorded there. God has said:
“Did you not know that God knows (all) that is in the heavens and the earth? It is (all) in a
record. Surely that is easy for God.” (Quran 22:70)
Third, whatever God wills to happen happens, and whatever God does not will does not
happen. Nothing occurs in the heavens or on earth without the Will of God.
Fourth, God is the Creator of everything.
“…He has created everything, and has ordained for it a measure.” (Quran 25:2)
In Islamic doctrine every human act both in material and spiritual life is predestined, yet it is
incorrect to believe the action of fate is blind, arbitrary, and relentless. Without denying divine
interference in human affairs, human liberty is kept intact. It does not discount the principle of
man’s moral freedom and responsibility. All is known, but freedom is also granted.
Man is not a helpless creature borne along by destiny. Rather, each person is responsible for
his acts. Lethargic nations and individuals indolent to ordinary affairs of life are to blame
themselves, not God. Man is bound to obey the moral law; and he will receive merited
punishment or reward as he violates or observes that law. However, if such is so, man must
have within his power the ability to break or keep the law. God would not hold us responsible
for something unless we were capable of doing it:
“God does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear.” (Quran 2:286)
Belief in divine decree strengthens one’s belief in God. A person realizes that God alone
controls everything, so he trusts and relies on Him. Even though a person tries his best, at the
same time he relies on God for the final outcome. His hard work or intelligence does not make
him arrogant, for God is the source of all that comes his way. Finally, a person attains peace of
mind in the realization that God is the Wise and His Actions are dictated by wisdom. Things
don’t happen without a purpose. If something reached him, he realizes it could never have
escaped him. If something misses him, he realizes it was never meant to be. A man achieves
an inner peace, inwardly at rest with this realization. "

P.S. cie itself has copied from this. (a 'filtered' copy)

Reaction score
I'm doing o level :) .....

My subjects :
1) Mathematics ( syllabus D - 4029 )
2) English ( 1125)
3) French ( 3014)
4) chemistry ( 5070)
5) physics ( 5054)
6) biology ( 5090)
7) add maths ( 4039)
8) Computer science ( 2216)
Btw how is add maths, I ve covered everything so far, what abt you, are you done, do you have any doubts?

Reaction score
Can Someone please Post The specimen papers link for the examination in 2018 for the following subjects;
Biology 5090
Chemistry 5070
Physics 5054
Maths 4029(Syllabus D
)

Thanks A lot:):):)

Reaction score
Yeah everything going smoothly Allhumdullilah , just worried bout Pak studies , exam is on 2nd May and i havent started my revision yet :///