• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

127 Life Stories - By Muhammad Abdullah

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys. Assalam o Alaikum. Give this a read, please. Something very emotional for our Pakistani folks.

Story 1:

He was 19. Only 19. Not even third of the way through average life expectancy. On his way to Islamabad to give his visa interview at the Canadian Embassy. Just two weeks ago he got into that college of his dreams in Toronto and the paperwork had just begun. He is never graduating with that degree of prestige in his hand. Never getting his dream job, never marrying his young love. When they hung up and he turned his phone off, the last few words that he said and the last few words that he heard her say were the same: those three words, that acceptance of love.
"I'll call you when we land."

Story 2:

He called his parents three weeks ago that he’s passing out of the military academy on 21st. The biggest day of his life was just around the corner and he couldn’t be more excited. Living away from home for the past few years had taught him so much about his family. How his dad always liked reading the paper before calling him every Sunday morning so they can use news and events as fillers during conversations. How his mother loved making him tea, the taste of which never really matched to the chaye available at the mess. How his younger sister was always the shy kind and never really made new friends after 2nd grade.When he told his father that his passing out parade is scheduled for Saturday, his father replied with we’ll all come to see you on this big day of yours. He was excited and he thought, I’ll keep the big news to myself and they’ll be surprised when they’ll watch me receive the Sword of Honor. “Or perhaps they wouldn’t be surprised, I’ve always been a good student”, he thought. They never made it to the parade.

Story 3:

“Baba, Karachi isn’t that far, afterall. It’s just a two hour flight. I can drop by every weekend or two and things will still be the same. I know you won’t get to see me every day but still, I really, really wanna go study communication design at Indus Valley. They have the best program in the country. Please let me do this?”Her puppy face had always worked. Her dad agreed. She moved to Karachi last fall to study. Life had been good to her during the last few months. She made new friends, reconnected with old ones, started living with Manzoor Uncle and Shabana Auntie who cared for her just as her own parents. Daily phone calls to Baba were something that wasn’t ever a chore. Since last fall, every other weekend was spent in Islamabad. Last December she had to skip a weekend due to an assignment and the same week, when he fell on the stairs and hit his head on the marble, she flew a weekday morning flight for the first time.She was an only child. When a reporter shoved a camera in her Baba’s face at the crash site, he couldn’t say anything. He was too shocked to even cry.

Story 4:

“So do you have a seat in any other airlines? I have a really important meeting to get to at 9am tomorrow. Anything tonight or tomorrow would do.”“There are a few seats in 7pm tonight but it’s not PIA, it’s Bhoja. And it’s their first flight to Islamabad after they resumed operations.”“Why does it matter, please book it for me. You have my credit card info, right?“Yes, sir. I’ll email you the ticket in a short while, then.”“Sounds good.”Didn’t sound as good to his wife when she heard news of the crash.

Story 5:

Working at a news group gave him chances to travel all over the world during the past 23 years. He’d been to South America, to Portugal and Bahamas, to South Africa and India and Thailand and China. His favorite place in the world was by far Karachi, partly because it was home and partly because it is what it is: this havoc-loving chaos with no system whatsoever but still pretty much the best example of survival through adversity.He got another one of those calls on Thursday morning. “Farhan Saheb, kal zara ek interview karna hai Islamabad mein.” He happily obliged. He loved travelling and had sadly been home for the past six weeks.“Sir, masla he koi nahi. Details? Kaun hai, kahan hai, waghaira?” He was told details would come in later through email. Meanwhile, he should get his affairs in order if he has anything urgent in Karachi.“Waise, main free he hun. Aglay weekend, albatta, meri beti ko dekhne kuch log aarahay hain. But I am assuming this would be a short trip?”“Haan, haan. Nothing more than three days. You can be back by Monday night. Aur apki meetings kay schedule main aapko bhej rha hun, acknowledge kar liye ga when you get my email.”“Jee, zaroor. Boht shukria.”During the first hour of the flight, the voices inside his head ranted not about work but about new places that he wanted to see. Next year, after Sana’s wedding, I should probably take a month or so off from work and just.. roam around Europe.

Story 6:

“Beta, phone kar kay Noman ko Karachi se bula lo. Mera nahi khayal is baar haspataal se main zinda wapis aaungi. Ab tou bus tayyari hai.”“Maan Jee, Aisi baatein kiun karti hain? Noman ko bula lia hai. Kal sham ki flight se aaraha hai woh Islamabad. Aap bus fikr na karein, bus jaldi se theek hojayen.”“Beta, Noman ki flight kitne bajay land karni thi? Operation kal subha hai, main chahti hun kuch ghantay tou bethay wohh mere paas. Kuch baat karay, kuch meri sunay. Pata nahi kahan reh gya hai.”“Maan jee, Noman ka phone aya tha, keh rha tha operation se pehle pohnch nahi payega.”This is all she could tell Maan Jee before her eyes teared up again. She had no choice but to walk out of the room then. She couldn’t even cry on her brother’s death. She was too focused on spending last few hours with her mother before they would take Maan Jee away to the operation room. The operation next morning, with less than 30% chances of success, was the last hope of prolonging Maan Jee’s life by a few months.

---------​

These stories are fictional. None of the people who died in the tragedy were my friends or relatives. But the reason why I wanted to write this was helping myself realize that 127 isn’t just a number.They weren't just 127 people. They were 127 life stories. 127 dreams that are never realizing. 127 sons and daughters, husbands and wives, lovers and friends. I don't know what the cause was, and frankly don't care that much either.All I know is that this is a reminder for all of us: Say your I Love Yous and Sorrys today. Forgive the people you're holding grudges against. Let go with peace and harmony. Stop hatred. Stop being mean. Stop focusing on future too much and live in the now. That best shirt you have in your closet that you still haven't worn thinking you'll wear it on a special day? Wear it today. Take lots of pictures. Create memories. Make a difference. Follow your passion. Change lives ..And above all, make sure that when you die, you leave enough behind that you are remembered as a person. Something a whole lot more than just a number. Just a body. Just an average human being.

Reaction score
Hey guys. Assalam o Alaikum. Just read this, please. Can't say anything more.

Story 1:

He was 19. Only 19. Not even third of the way through average life expectancy. On his way to Islamabad to give his visa interview at the Canadian Embassy. Just two weeks ago he got into that college of his dreams in Toronto and the paperwork had just begun. He is never graduating with that degree of prestige in his hand. Never getting his dream job, never marrying his young love. When they hung up and he turned his phone off, the last few words that he said and the last few words that he heard her say were the same: those three words, that acceptance of love.
When i finished reading this one... the last sentence hit me hard!
Thanks for sharing Nibz

Inna lilla hi wa inna ilaihi rajioon!
May these 127 souls rest in Peace... and May Allah help their friends and families to bear the loss!

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon...May Allah rest their souls in peace...Aameen!

Jazakallah Khair for sharing! we really need to open our eyes and live as if its our last day! May Allah show all of us the right path and forgive us...Aameen!!!

Reaction score
Such mass casualties are really sad..... Even the recent disasters in Indonesia were horrific. :(
Although we can never blame fate or anyone for dat......
Everyone will eventually die as n when assigned by Allah
Its a test of faith n determination for all the victims' near n dear ones........May Allah give them the courage n determination to parry on at this extremely sad moment.......
On the other hand such events also bring us to accept the reality n hard truth...... We all will surely die.
We must ponder.......Are we prepared to meet our Lord??
And most importantly are our deeds worthy of anything before him???

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Such mass casualties are really sad..... Even the recent disasters in Indonesia were horrific. :(
Although we can never blame fate or anyone for dat......
Everyone will eventually die as n when assigned by Allah
Its a test of faith n determination for all the victims' near n dear ones........May Allah give them the courage n determination to parry on at this extremely sad moment.......
On the other hand such events also bring us to accept the reality n hard truth...... We all will surely die.
We must ponder.......Are we prepared to meet our Lord??
And most importantly are our deeds worthy of anything before him???

So true...! many times we distance ourselves from death.. even when we hear about it we feel like, Nah we are not gonna die.. it was for for them to die, we are gonna live it up. We forget that we would be questioned for what we did.
For us, this is a means of reminder from Allah, a wake up call: "Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." [Quran, 3:185]

we plan for this life of ours so meticulously, yet we leave the hereafter....
"But you prefer the worldly life, While the Hereafter is better and more enduring." (87:16-17)

may Allah make us from the truly successful. Ameen.

Reaction score
AoA,
A very sad incident indeed! :cry:
Inna lillahi wainnah ilaihi raajiuun
556991_3250519260563_1194438995_32668918_1085404891_n.jpg

Reaction score
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

Reaction score
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

May they get paradise ..... thanks for sharing Nibz.... surely touched by heart...... yes 127 stories.... each a different one ......

All I know is that this is a reminder for all of us: Say your I Love Yous and Sorrys today. Forgive the people you're holding grudges against. Let go with peace and harmony. Stop hatred. Stop being mean. Stop focusing on future too much and live in the now. That best shirt you have in your closet that you still haven't worn thinking you'll wear it on a special day? Wear it today. Take lots of pictures. Create memories. Make a difference. Follow your passion. Change lives ..And above all, make sure that when you die, you leave enough behind that you are remembered as a person. Something a whole lot more than just a number. Just a body. Just an average human being.

True ......

Reaction score
rip for all ..they didn't deserve to die like that. its human error as well
i'm n0t understanding one thing .. Why did the aviation all0wed to re-launch the plane which was grounded for the same 'technical problems' few years ago..
A domestic, budget airline, maximising profits (saving fuel costs etc) at the cost of safety and security. Add to this that its 'Pakistani'. Isn't all this a recipe for disaster?

Reaction score
rip for all ..they didn't deserve to die like that. its human error as well
i'm n0t understanding one thing .. Why did the aviation all0wed to re-launch the plane which was grounded for the same 'technical problems' few years ago..
A domestic, budget airline, maximising profits (saving fuel costs etc) at the cost of safety and security. Add to this that its 'Pakistani'. Isn't all this a recipe for disaster?
What ever happened was Allah's will we have no right to say anything about it, they death was destined and we never know what is going to happen with some one and when , may be it's us tomorrow so just keep praying to Allah to forgive our souls and also the souls of those who died...

Reaction score
that is another thing. no one's saying a thing about that. those lives are gone. but that does that mean just simply ignore the human mistakes and the corruption involved? do nothing about it? Allah has given us some power to change the world and take things under control in this life. definitely its us tomorrow. no one can escape death but as a concerned citizen and a good religious person we gotta at least identify the mistakes which humans make on purpose. we should do whatever possible to fix those problems. otherwise this comes under sin as well. i mean ignoring the evils in our society.

Reaction score
that is another thing. no one's saying a thing about that. those lives are gone. but that does that mean just simply ignore the human mistakes and the corruption involved? do nothing about it? Allah has given us some power to change the world and take things under control in this life. definitely its us tomorrow. no one can escape death but as a concerned citizen and a good religious person we gotta at least identify the mistakes which humans make on purpose. we should do whatever possible to fix those problems. otherwise this comes under sin as well. i mean ignoring the evils in our society.
Exactly,
Man creates his own destiny, which allah knows and is thus pre written!

Reaction score
Exactly,
Man creates his own destiny, which allah knows and is thus pre written!
yeah and i am amazed at peoples general approach towards problems around. they will simply say Allah is doing everything and all. ofcourse he is the supreme controller and he has the command over everything. but this is our life. we are assigned some jobs. we have the power to change the negatives around. only prayer won't work. you gotta ask for guidance from God and then do something bout issues around. whatever possible after keeping in mind your priorities.

Reaction score
I disagree, do you seriously think Human errors caused their death??!!!... If that was their time nothing could've saved them , even if they hadn't got on the plane and their death was written they would have died anyway... EVERYTHING WORKS ON THE WILL OF ALLAH!!nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

Reaction score
an intresting article i came across:

Worrying about Death.....Concerned About Life
Those who know the supplication prayed in Salatul Janazah , the prayer funeral, must have noticed these words that the supplication begins with..Allahummagfirli hayyina wa mayyitinaa.....Did you note the first phrase of the supplication? It begins with a prayer for those who are alive !!!!!O Allah forgive those of us who are living and our dead..The title of the salat ( prayer ) is ? Salatul Janzah, the prayer for the dead. But it begins with ? O Allah forgive those of us who are living.

The same salatul Janzah begins with Surah al Fatiha and in the entire surah Fatiha the supplication is for the person who is alive.There is no mentioning about the dead !!! It is about guidance.. Ever wondered why when praying for dead we are praying for our selves first?
Every man is reponsible for himself.. Note this Qur'anic verse .. Ya ayyuhal ladhina amanoo, koo anfusakum...O You who believe ! Save yourselves ......Then comes the next command.. and your family....but first? .. Your self...Right?

When we die ,people will not even call us by our name.. rather they will say : when is the mayyat being taken ? They will not ldentify you by your name.. but? Mayyat.. so Nisaar Nadiadwala when alive , he is called Nisaar bhai or Brother Nisaar but the moment he is dead , the dead Nisaar Nadiadwala is now Mayyat..
When you leave the world the people left behind will ask " what has he left behind ? " but when you go up, you will be asked , "What have you brought along ?!!!!"

Life is only one chance.. but most of our life is passed away chasing careers and collecting wealth which we leave behind but dont forget that the accounts of this wealth is also carried along with us. That is why the Qur'an reminds us : Let every soul look for what he has sent for the morrow....Surah al Hashr ch 59 verse 18

Reaction score
Hey guys. Assalam o Alaikum. Give this a read, please. Something very emotional for our Pakistani folks.

Story 1:

Story 2:

He called his parents three weeks ago that he’s passing out of the military academy on 21st. The biggest day of his life was just around the corner and he couldn’t be more excited. Living away from home for the past few years had taught him so much about his family. How his dad always liked reading the paper before calling him every Sunday morning so they can use news and events as fillers during conversations. How his mother loved making him tea, the taste of which never really matched to the chaye available at the mess. How his younger sister was always the shy kind and never really made new friends after 2nd grade.When he told his father that his passing out parade is scheduled for Saturday, his father replied with we’ll all come to see you on this big day of yours. He was excited and he thought, I’ll keep the big news to myself and they’ll be surprised when they’ll watch me receive the Sword of Honor. “Or perhaps they wouldn’t be surprised, I’ve always been a good student”, he thought. They never made it to the parade.

Story 3:

“Baba, Karachi isn’t that far, afterall. It’s just a two hour flight. I can drop by every weekend or two and things will still be the same. I know you won’t get to see me every day but still, I really, really wanna go study communication design at Indus Valley. They have the best program in the country. Please let me do this?”Her puppy face had always worked. Her dad agreed. She moved to Karachi last fall to study. Life had been good to her during the last few months. She made new friends, reconnected with old ones, started living with Manzoor Uncle and Shabana Auntie who cared for her just as her own parents. Daily phone calls to Baba were something that wasn’t ever a chore. Since last fall, every other weekend was spent in Islamabad. Last December she had to skip a weekend due to an assignment and the same week, when he fell on the stairs and hit his head on the marble, she flew a weekday morning flight for the first time.She was an only child. When a reporter shoved a camera in her Baba’s face at the crash site, he couldn’t say anything. He was too shocked to even cry.

Story 4:

“So do you have a seat in any other airlines? I have a really important meeting to get to at 9am tomorrow. Anything tonight or tomorrow would do.”“There are a few seats in 7pm tonight but it’s not PIA, it’s Bhoja. And it’s their first flight to Islamabad after they resumed operations.”“Why does it matter, please book it for me. You have my credit card info, right?“Yes, sir. I’ll email you the ticket in a short while, then.”“Sounds good.”Didn’t sound as good to his wife when she heard news of the crash.

Story 5:

Working at a news group gave him chances to travel all over the world during the past 23 years. He’d been to South America, to Portugal and Bahamas, to South Africa and India and Thailand and China. His favorite place in the world was by far Karachi, partly because it was home and partly because it is what it is: this havoc-loving chaos with no system whatsoever but still pretty much the best example of survival through adversity.He got another one of those calls on Thursday morning. “Farhan Saheb, kal zara ek interview karna hai Islamabad mein.” He happily obliged. He loved travelling and had sadly been home for the past six weeks.“Sir, masla he koi nahi. Details? Kaun hai, kahan hai, waghaira?” He was told details would come in later through email. Meanwhile, he should get his affairs in order if he has anything urgent in Karachi.“Waise, main free he hun. Aglay weekend, albatta, meri beti ko dekhne kuch log aarahay hain. But I am assuming this would be a short trip?”“Haan, haan. Nothing more than three days. You can be back by Monday night. Aur apki meetings kay schedule main aapko bhej rha hun, acknowledge kar liye ga when you get my email.”“Jee, zaroor. Boht shukria.”During the first hour of the flight, the voices inside his head ranted not about work but about new places that he wanted to see. Next year, after Sana’s wedding, I should probably take a month or so off from work and just.. roam around Europe.

Story 6:

“Beta, phone kar kay Noman ko Karachi se bula lo. Mera nahi khayal is baar haspataal se main zinda wapis aaungi. Ab tou bus tayyari hai.”“Maan Jee, Aisi baatein kiun karti hain? Noman ko bula lia hai. Kal sham ki flight se aaraha hai woh Islamabad. Aap bus fikr na karein, bus jaldi se theek hojayen.”“Beta, Noman ki flight kitne bajay land karni thi? Operation kal subha hai, main chahti hun kuch ghantay tou bethay wohh mere paas. Kuch baat karay, kuch meri sunay. Pata nahi kahan reh gya hai.”“Maan jee, Noman ka phone aya tha, keh rha tha operation se pehle pohnch nahi payega.”This is all she could tell Maan Jee before her eyes teared up again. She had no choice but to walk out of the room then. She couldn’t even cry on her brother’s death. She was too focused on spending last few hours with her mother before they would take Maan Jee away to the operation room. The operation next morning, with less than 30% chances of success, was the last hope of prolonging Maan Jee’s life by a few months.

---------​

These stories are fictional. None of the people who died in the tragedy were my friends or relatives. But the reason why I wanted to write this was helping myself realize that 127 isn’t just a number.They weren't just 127 people. They were 127 life stories. 127 dreams that are never realizing. 127 sons and daughters, husbands and wives, lovers and friends. I don't know what the cause was, and frankly don't care that much either.All I know is that this is a reminder for all of us: Say your I Love Yous and Sorrys today. Forgive the people you're holding grudges against. Let go with peace and harmony. Stop hatred. Stop being mean. Stop focusing on future too much and live in the now. That best shirt you have in your closet that you still haven't worn thinking you'll wear it on a special day? Wear it today. Take lots of pictures. Create memories. Make a difference. Follow your passion. Change lives ..And above all, make sure that when you die, you leave enough behind that you are remembered as a person. Something a whole lot more than just a number. Just a body. Just an average human being.

I've written a poem on this..exactly the day it had happened..it's so sad..inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi laraj'oon..