• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

24 Hours complete. Lets dicuss physics P1 and P2!

Reaction score
So how did it go guys?
How did you make sure the girl was at constant speed from 3 sec-8sec?
What was the loss in gravitational potential energy? (I wrote 480 J:))
Why was the gain in kinetic energy greater than the loss in GPE?
Why did the large piston move at a smalller distance than the small piston?
In the MCQ section, the most sensitive thermometer was B right?
And lastly, how are u expecting the percentile/ grade threshold to be?
Feel free to share ur questions, queries and answers below :)

Reaction score
Same Questions. :D
P.S what was the answers for the Refraction and Heat transfer questions (section 2)

Reaction score
So how did it go guys?
How did you make sure the girl was at constant speed from 3 sec-8sec?
What was the loss in gravitational potential energy? (I wrote 480 J:))
Why was the gain in kinetic energy greater than the loss in GPE?
Why did the large piston move at a smalller distance than the small piston?
In the MCQ section, the most sensitive thermometer was B right?
And lastly, how are u expecting the percentile/ grade threshold to be?
Feel free to share ur questions, queries and answers below :)
AWLA! I wrote 480 too! xD
Hmm about that mcq, I think A was right, keun ka wo -40 tak kay temprature ko bhi measure kar sakta tha jis ka matllab ha ka wo ziada sensitive ha!!
Aur larki ki constent speed ka main nay lika ha ka jo students ho gay wo stopwatch say measure karain gey ka us larki ko experiment katam karne main kitna time laga, phir ye bhi ka us ne 1 second main kitna distance cover kia, us ka graph bana ka represent kar dain!
2: Aur Question ye tha ka Why the gain in K.E is lesser then the decrease in P.E. Main nay lika ha keun ka rope ko itna steep nai bandha tha to issi liye height kam bhi thi jis ki waja say gain in K.E bhi less thi.
3: Larger piston will move a smaller distance ku ka the force applied to larger piston was larger compared to smaller piston.
YAAR DUA KARO KA PERCENTAGE ISS DAFA KAM HO TAKAY A LAINAY MAIN AASANI HO, MUJHAY TO BAS A CHAHIYE AUR KUCH NAI CHAHIYE, BLAKE MUJHAY TO LAGTA HA K MUJH SAY ZIADA MERAYPARENTS KO CHAHIYE! :p

Reaction score
Same Questions. :D
P.S what was the answers for the Refraction and Heat transfer questions (section 2)
If u mean the refractive index one then most ppl I know wrote tht the refractive index of glass is higher than air so the white light bends when it enters the glass. I just wrote a random fact about refractive index that didnt even fit in the question ;) What did you write? And what heat transfer question?

Reaction score
O_O I'm the worst idiot ever. I accidentally wrote that both LIGHTS has different refractive index.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
O_O I'm the worst idiot ever. I accidentally wrote that both LIGHTS has different refractive index.
what if I tell you you are correct?
Wikipaedia :
In regions of the spectrum where the material does not absorb, the refractive index tends to decrease with increasing wavelength, and thus increase with frequency. This is called normal dispersion, in contrast to anomalous dispersion, where the refractive index increases with wavelength. For visible light normal dispersion means that the refractive index is higher for blue light than for red.

Reaction score
AWLA! I wrote 480 too! xD
Hmm about that mcq, I think A was right, keun ka wo -40 tak kay temprature ko bhi measure kar sakta tha jis ka matllab ha ka wo ziada sensitive ha!!
Aur larki ki constent speed ka main nay lika ha ka jo students ho gay wo stopwatch say measure karain gey ka us larki ko experiment katam karne main kitna time laga, phir ye bhi ka us ne 1 second main kitna distance cover kia, us ka graph bana ka represent kar dain!
2: Aur Question ye tha ka Why the gain in K.E is lesser then the decrease in P.E. Main nay lika ha keun ka rope ko itna steep nai bandha tha to issi liye height kam bhi thi jis ki waja say gain in K.E bhi less thi.
3: Larger piston will move a smaller distance ku ka the force applied to larger piston was larger compared to smaller piston.
YAAR DUA KARO KA PERCENTAGE ISS DAFA KAM HO TAKAY A LAINAY MAIN AASANI HO, MUJHAY TO BAS A CHAHIYE AUR KUCH NAI CHAHIYE, BLAKE MUJHAY TO LAGTA HA K MUJH SAY ZIADA MERAYPARENTS KO CHAHIYE! :p
yes most ppl wrote 480. Hope thats right! *fingaz crossed*
I wrote almost the same for the constant speed question but instead of the graph I wrote make a table cuz graph tou pehlay part mein bana lia tha :)
And I read the question a bunch of times I guess nd as far as I remember, it asked "Why the gain in kinetic energy is greater than the decrease in potential energy" so for that I wrote that the wind helps increase the kinetic energy so it is gr8r
For the large piston I made up this weird theory on the last minute that as the piston is larger in size, less work has to be done to move it and so it moves at a smaller distan
and lights? :)

Reaction score
what if I tell you you are correct?
Wikipaedia :
In regions of the spectrum where the material does not absorb, the refractive index tends to decrease with increasing wavelength, and thus increase with frequency. This is called normal dispersion, in contrast to anomalous dispersion, where the refractive index increases with wavelength. For visible light normal dispersion means that the refractive index is higher for blue light than for red.
Whaa? haha omg... who knew? ;)

Reaction score
AAAAAANNNNNNDDD!!! I don't get it. .-. Please explain xD
WHOHOHOHO!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!! rammy97 don't worry your's will be correct too INSHALLAH!!!
read wiki:

Reaction score
read wiki:
AH~ okay! Thanks for giving the good news XD Allah tuanu khushiyaan dewe! XD