• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2nd language English exam 2012 paper 2 variant 1

Reaction score
I did the exam today and it was fine except for the last question i had a problem (don't worry i won't say what's the question about).
For the argumentative essay, if i mentioned a point and expanded it, do i still get only 1 mark for it?

Reaction score
The last question. That article about cars?! **** THAT SHIT YOOO
I did my exam in ******* Africa it was ******* hot and shit I didn't even feel like writing.
Lol.. I get an A in first language english and I can't even get an A* in second language english. That's cute

Reaction score
The last question. That article about cars?! **** THAT SHIT YOOO
I did my exam in ******* Africa it was ******* hot and shit I didn't even feel like writing.
Lol.. I get an A in first language english and I can't even get an A* in second language english. That's cute
And how was the rest of the exam?

Reaction score
My English exam was ok .. But the summary wasn't ok :/ ...

My summary was also meh.. I've got a question for everyone. The note taking section it asked "What tools does Costa use now?"
This was for the Dowsing article part. I wrote:
1. A rod with loops at either end
2. A pendulum
3. A twig or piece of wood

Not sure about my 3rd one since it seemed like there were only 2 correct answers in the paragraph.

Reaction score
I did the exam today and it was fine except for the last question i had a problem (don't worry i won't say what's the question about).
For the argumentative essay, if i mentioned a point and expanded it, do i still get only 1 mark for it?
In the articles you don't need to mention the points they place, it's only for reference, all your choice.
and if you did mention a point and expanded it, it should be fine don't worry

Reaction score
My summary was also meh.. I've got a question for everyone. The note taking section it asked "What tools does Costa use now?"
This was for the Dowsing article part. I wrote:
1. A rod with loops at either end
2. A pendulum
3. A twig or piece of wood

Not sure about my 3rd one since it seemed like there were only 2 correct answers in the paragraph.
Yup that's the right answer for the last part of note taking and yeah I agree it seemed the first two were only correct, but twig was the third answer

Reaction score
For the people mentioning the summary, it wasn't really too bad
just the second part of the question was really tricky

Reaction score
Would someone please help me out? The last question, did it ask to write an ARTICLE or a PROJECT?
PLEASE HELP! (I already did it)

Reaction score
Would someone please help me out? The last question, did it ask to write an ARTICLE or a PROJECT?
PLEASE HELP! (I already did it)
It said your class is doing a project discussing the pros and cons of cars
write an article to reflect the differences
it's just a normal article don't worry

Reaction score
are
It said your class is doing a project discussing the pros and cons of cars
write an article to reflect the differences
it's just a normal article don't worry
are you sure? because i wrote a normal article but some students are saying it asked to write a project ><

Reaction score
are
are you sure? because i wrote a normal article but some students are saying it asked to write a project ><
Ofcourse I'm sure haha
it's just a question tweek
We have over 150students doing the exam here and we all did articles
it also mentioned to write one
quote:"write an article giving your VIEWS discussing cars" etc
don't worry :p

Reaction score
Ofcourse I'm sure haha
it's just a question tweek
We have over 150students doing the exam here and we all did articles
it also mentioned to write one
quote:"write an article giving your VIEWS discussing cars" etc
don't worry :p
omg thanks a lot !!! i was freaking out so bad.

Reaction score
in my opinion it was no different than a normal argumentative essay( an article maybe).....my summary went fine, though it was indeed a bit difficult,i didn't really like the topic either ( atleast it wasn't very interesting at that time).