• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

4040 Statistics 2011 and Paper discussion after 24 hours

Reaction score
So in the stats paper the packaged food items question.... Wasnt it similar?[/quote]

listen listen listen it said find mean mass of tins of food ??? according to ur ques it asked mean of boxes? so ans wud b 290 and s.d 0 ...........!!!![/quote]
I think you did not read the question properly! It said that find the Mean and SD of the Total Mass of the food tins. It is commonsense that it includes the food itself! :)[/quote]

I am 1000% sure it didnt said total mass!! it said mass of tins of food!!! I can challenge!!

Reaction score
um q11 second and 3rd last part :S were very difficult.... any1 confirm da answer after 24 hours :|

Reaction score
Dude you are not recalling... All of us are pretty sure that it meant the mean and standard deviation of the total cans of food Including the food itself... If it wasn't that, then the question would be stupid and baseless.. Such questions with straightforward answers aren't CIE stuff!

Reaction score
Taha is right. SD can in no way be 0. I'm sure it's some where around 19 point something.

Reaction score
waztaz123 said:
Are you people still stuck on Paper 1???
hey how was paper 2?? q11 last three parts made my brain BHEJA FRY :shock: i nearly spent 30 mints on that part of ques but couldnt reach to a conclusion..so did u felt dat part of paper difficult??

Reaction score
I'm actually happy that atleast one person in this forum attempted Q7 as I did. But I'm too afraid to discuss the answers even when 24hrs pass :fool:

Reaction score
wardah2496 said:
waztaz123 said:
hey how was paper 2?? q11 last three parts made my brain BHEJA FRY :shock: i nearly spent 30 mints on that part of ques but couldnt reach to a conclusion..so did u felt dat part of paper difficult??

i didn't do the last two parts no time left. Spent about 40 mins on Q7. But I think I did the third last part correct. Atleast I got a answer that made sense.

Reaction score
wardah2496 said:
waztaz123 said:

It was really bheja fry :D and didnt knew da crct ans yet :p every one has his/her different answer :D Please any 1 confirm??????

Reaction score
waztaz123 said:
wardah2496 said:
waztaz123 said:

i didn't do the last two parts no time left. Spent about 40 mins on Q7. But I think I did the third last part correct. Atleast I got a answer that made sense.
yeah same here...but as i discussed the 3 parts with my freinds they all said dat last three parts sucking!! so i thought the percentile will increase :p

Reaction score
hello guys!

i also retook stats this session and bad luck striked ONCE AGAIN!! :(
I LEFT ONE WHOLE QUESTION OF 16 MARKS IN SECTION B in paper 2 and REALISED IT AFTER THE EXAM WAS OVER!!!!! :( I thought i was on the last question and it was actally 2nd last..didnt even bothe to turnt he page :/

another 16 mark question was bad..i applied wrong formulas..

paper 1 was better verall but i did many formula mistakes in taht as well. i hope i get the marks for correct calculations n method? :S

I am expecting a C, but im praying and hoping tht by some miracle I get an A!!! miracles can happen cuz i once heard tht a girl who left a 30 mark question in add maths got an A. maybe the examiners get the dia tht it was left by mistake :S GOD!!
do i have a cnance? wht do u ppl think?

I HAVNT SEEN A SUBJECT HARDER THAN STATS1!

I got 10 A*S and 2 As in O level otherwise!!! :(

I want to get into harvard /ivy leagues but it sseems impossible now!

last year, i had a big tension on y mind, and this year, i just left a whole question!!!!!

WHY DID I TAKE STATS!! its the hardest subjects ever! :(

how did it go for others of u?

how many of u were retaking?> if u were retaking, thn wht was ur grade the first time>