70 Major Sins in ISLAM

Messages
3,225
Reaction score
15,036
Points
523

I just read this Post and :( Calculated how many times of Major Sins I have committed Hope it is a reminder and a Alert for all u of You *peace*.

THE 70 MAJOR SINS IN ISLAM (according to scholars)​
​
01. Associating anything with Allah ​
​
02. Murder ​
​
03. Practicing magic (Black Magic)​
​
04. Not Praying ​
​
05. Not paying Zakat ​
​
06. Not fasting on a Day of Ramadan without excuse ​
​
07. Not performing Hajj, while being able to do so ​
​
08. Disrespect to parents ​
​
09. Abandoning relatives ​
​
10. Fornication and Adultery ​
​
11. Homosexuality(sodomy) ​
​
12. Interest(Riba) ​
​
13. Wrongfully consuming the property of an orphan ​
​
14. Lying about Allah and His Messenger ​
​
15. Running away from the battlefield ​
​
16. A leader's deceiving his people and being unjust to them ​
​
17. Pride and arrogance ​
​
18. Bearing false witness ​
​
19. Drinking Khamr (wine) ​
​
20. Gambling ​
​
21. Slandering chaste women ​
​
22. Stealing from the spoils of war ​
​
23. Stealing ​
​
24. Highway Robbery ​
​
25. Taking false oath ​
​
26. Oppression ​
​
27. Illegal gain ​
​
28. Consuming wealth acquired unlawfully ​
​
29. Committing suicide ​
​
30. Frequent lying ​
​
31. Judging unjustly ​
​
32. Giving and Accepting bribes ​
​
33. Woman's imitating man and man's imitating woman ​
​
34. Being cuckold ​
​
35. Marrying a divorced woman in order to make her lawful for the husband ​
​
36. Not protecting oneself from urine (not cleaning properly)​
​
37. Showing-off ​
​
38. Learning knowledge of the religion for the sake of this world and concealing ​
that knowledge ​
​
39. Betrayal of trust ​
​
40. Recounting favors ​
​
41. Denying Allah's Decree ​
​
42. Listening (to) people's private conversations ​
​
43. Carrying tales​
​
44. Cursing​
​
45. Breaking contracts ​
​
46. Believing in fortune-tellers and astrologers ​
​
47. A woman's bad conduct towards her husband ​
​
48. Making statues and pictures ​
​
49. Lamenting, wailing, tearing the clothing, and doing other things of this sort when an affliction befalls ​
​
50. Treating others unjustly ​
​
51. Overbearing conduct toward the wife, the servant, the weak, and animals ​
​
52. Offending one's neighbor ​
​
53. Offending and abusing Muslims ​
​
54. Offending people and having an arrogant attitude toward them ​
​
55. Trailing one's garment in pride ​
​
56. Men's wearing silk and gold ​
​
57. A slave's running away from his master ​
​
58. Slaughtering an animal which has been dedicated to anyone other than Allah ​
​
59. To knowingly ascribe one's paternity to a father other than one's own ​
​
60. Arguing and disputing violently ​
​
61. With holding excess water ​
​
62. Giving short weight or measure ​
​
63. Feeling secure from Allah's Plan ​
​
64. Offending Allah's righteous friends ​
​
65. Not praying in congregation but praying alone without an excuse (only for males)​
​
66. Persistently missing Friday Prayers without any excuse ​
​
67. Usurping the rights of the heir through bequests ​
​
68. Deceiving and plotting evil ​
​
69. Spying for the enemy of the Muslims ​
​
70. Cursing or insulting any of the Companions of Allah's Messenger​
 
Messages
3,225
Reaction score
15,036
Points
523
Salaam !!
Jazakallah Kul Khairun for Sharing !! :)
May God Bless u Hereafter and here! :)
Thank u for tagging too !! ;) May Allah help us to refrain from these Acts (Ameen)
I just read the post and SumUp how many types of major sins I have committed. :(

Love Islam
Pls :) Edit Ur Above Comment. It is Blocking the Page View. Like Delete some Points of mine. I hope u understand what i am saying
 
Messages
760
Reaction score
4,956
Points
253
I just read the post and SumUp how many types of major sins I have committed. :(

Don't worry ! Allah is the most forgiving and Merciful !!
We all r humans and we all commit sins, Isn't it ??
And Allah is te 1 who always forgive us ! And ofcourse u were not knowing it, Right ??
He is most Forgiving !! Ask his forgiveness ! As we all should do bcuz we all nvr realise that we have done something wrong when we do !
That's why Allah says to ask His Forgiveness :)
 
Messages
3,225
Reaction score
15,036
Points
523
Don't worry ! Allah is the most forgiving and Merciful !!
We all r humans and we all commit sins, Isn't it ??
And Allah is te 1 who always forgive us ! And ofcourse u were not knowing it, Right ??
He is most Forgiving !! Ask his forgiveness ! As we all should do bcuz we all nvr realise that we have done something wrong when we do !
That's why Allah says to ask His Forgiveness :)
Honestly Some of it I knew that they were sins but kept ignoring them.When i Read few articles over the net than I realized that i things I do is Effecting me
 

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Messages
3,835
Reaction score
34,797
Points
543
If someone is wondering from where that list comes from, then I just want to add here that I'm pretty sure it comes from that famous book by Imam Dhahabi.. it's called Al-Kabair and in it he made a list of all big sins.... I've never read it but I think that must be the source.. peace.

May Allah S.W.T make us of those who stay far away from these.... Aameen.

P.S. robinhoodmustafa JazakAllah khair for the tag.
 

N.M

Messages
685
Reaction score
10,915
Points
503
If someone is wondering from where that list comes from, then I just want to add here that I'm pretty sure it comes from that famous book by Imam Dhahabi.. it's called Al-Kabair and in it he made a list of all big sins.... I've never read it but I think that must be the source.. peace.

May Allah S.W.T make us of those who stay far away from these.... Aameen.

AsSalamu alaikum wr wb,

Aameen!

I was abt to mention it here... Its an amazing book indeed!

If some body interested in reading it here is the Urdu version of it, can't find the full English version online...

robinhoodmustafa jazakAlahu Khairen for the tag.
 
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
10,974
Points
523

I just read this Post and :( Calculated how many times of Major Sins I have committed Hope it is a reminder and a Alert for all u of You *peace*.
..........​
​
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...​
Firstly Jazakallah Khair for the tag (cuz i don't really get time to check threads so i request everyone to tag me whenever you make some informative thread)​
​
Secondly...Jazakallah Khair for the awareness..we so need to know about them because sometimes we even do it unknowingly...May Allah keep us away from all kind of sins...Aameen!​
​
Lastly, Allah is oft-forgiving...ask Him for forgiveness and pray that may He help you in avoiding them, later in your life....​
​
Oh Allah forgive us all and save us from the Hell fire...Aameen!​
 
Messages
958
Reaction score
3,499
Points
253
Can anyone explain No. 62?
Just want to clear my concepts. Thanks!

Thanks for Sharing :)

Aoa wr wb.... I believe that this is when people are cheated, or given items that are not worth their money....particularly true for traders....
for eg someone who sells vegetables, alters his spring balance in such a way that it reads a greater value than what is real, hence fooling the person purchasing the goods, making him believe that it is the amount he wanted to buy.

This is my understanding...:)
Any other ideas?
 
Top