• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9709 MATHEMATICS P42 2014 GT

how was the paper and what do u expect the GT ??

• Easy( 45-50 for A)

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • Normal(40-44 for A)

Votes: 42 21.3%
  • Hard (35-40 for A)

Votes: 67 34.0%
  • Very hard less than 35 )

Votes: 74 37.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The paper was too lengthy! Coudn't do q7. But apart from that, everything was okay, few tricks here and there ! But I must say this paper was really tough compared to the last 10 year papers!

Reaction score
i actually did that :D
but as this year's exams are somehow different there might be big changes...
lets say if i lost 20 marks in total can i still expect a high A or will it be a low one.....:oops:

Reaction score
i actually did that :D
but as this year's exams are somehow different there might be big changes...
lets say if i lost 20 marks in total can i still expect a high A or will it be a low one.....:oops:

If the GT of M1 will be on 30-32 and getting 30 in M1 and 70+ in P1 can definately make a high A grade ...
Actually high A grades in P1and P3 matters alot for an overall A*.

Reaction score
If the GT of M1 will be on 30-32 and getting 30 in M1 and 70+ in P1 can definately make a high A grade ...
Actually high A grades in P1and P3 matters alot for an overall A*.
i am only taking P1 and M1 this year and i need to get high A this year so that next year i can guarantee an A* when doing the A2

Reaction score
Lololol not everyone found it easy.
To be honest, it was very simple. We can't expect the same pattern every year...
Q7 was a fine example of showing if you learnt how to solve mechanics past papers or the subject of mechanics.
PS: If I don't get 50, I'd get 48. Yuss!
Stahhp, please.
Obviously, you can't expect anything less from an Antarctican Math lover (apparently really obsessive, too, considering how it's being displayed in your signature and all).
Btw, why not 49? Got a 2 mark part in q7 wrong? I thought it was supposed to be the shining example of 'something'? :p
Jk man, just taking out the frustration of forgetting the 1 minus distance thingy -.-

Reaction score
Hey can someone please help with this mechanics question?

attachment.php
A car with mass 1100kg drives a distance 1760 m from A to B. Find the Increase in Kinetic Energy in terms of velocity V, and find the increase in P.E at distance x where 0<=x<=1760. Then find Kwhere KV^2=x.

Reaction score
isa u will get an A if u did well in P12 :)
if not then isa u will get not less than B :) isa the gt will be low
CONCENTRATE on the remaining exam :)
WISH U GOOD LUCK
thank you so much i hope you get an A too if u are an AS student but i think i did other mistakes too i just got a mental breakdown in the middle of the ezam :( alhamdulelah :) plz pray for me and goodluck with your remaining exams i hope you get the grades you always wished for!