• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9709 MATHEMATICS P42 2014 GT

how was the paper and what do u expect the GT ??

• Easy( 45-50 for A)

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • Normal(40-44 for A)

Votes: 42 21.3%
  • Hard (35-40 for A)

Votes: 67 34.0%
  • Very hard less than 35 )

Votes: 74 37.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sorry my friend, haha it's my first time here on these forums.
and to quote everyone else, yes comparitively to other papers, it was hard. but as we pakistani's say, "mera bhai,"
If you have seen the Winter 2013 papers, those are what you call hard. P42 and P43 were actually hard, because the question lengths were really long and the resolving forces question was tough as well. That's what you call a hard paper :l
If this paper was hard tbh I'm sorry to say but in all respect it means you weren't fully prepared.
w 13 p42 was extremely easy man

Reaction score
w 13 p42 was extremely easy man
Haha that means you were prepared for really hard stuff.
XD I bet that's the case. Most people probably studied for seriously hard questions and when the paper came the easy questions were on it, and the people who did only the hard stuff didn't know what to do for the easy questionss :p
They kept over thinking when the answer was seriously simple :) well whatever the case, the paper went well
Now Physics on thursday. >:C

Reaction score
Haha that means you were prepared for really hard stuff.
XD I bet that's the case. Most people probably studied for seriously hard questions and when the paper came the easy questions were on it, and the people who did only the hard stuff didn't know what to do for the easy questionss :p
They kept over thinking when the answer was seriously simple :) well whatever the case, the paper went well
Now Physics on thursday. >:C
Questions like Q7 have never came before, and as for others there were much lengthy statements and technicalities.
Overall the most toughest paper everrr

Reaction score
Haha I'm sorry to break your hearts, but Lol :p it was such an easy paper.
The whole paper was seen.
I honestly believe the A will be at 40 -44. If the paper seriously was hard, (lmfaowhichitwasnt) , (which IS ALWAYS THE STUPID CASE IN PHYSICS CAUSE YOU NEED AN AVERAGE OF 35/60 FOR AN A IN P2) then POSSIBLY like 38 / 39, but I seriously believe it's 40 - 45.
Haha it was easy for me :p If I don't get full then atleast a 47 +.
IF ANYONE wants to discuss privately just ask haha.

EDIT : On the other hand, P1 was easy but not as easy haha,
I bet I have a high B or extremely low A in it, but inshallah since my M1 was so good it'll cover up and buff out to be an A. :)

If you did good it does not mean it was easy cuz i can say that paper 1 was freaking easy except the 2 mark question does it then makes the paper easy for every one obviously no , and btw the threshold can not be b/w 40-45 as last year paper which was comparatively easy had 38 for an A

Reaction score
I got so nervous i left 3 questions! do you think I can get a B? or should i expect a C? I think i might lose about 20 marks all because i was so nervous my brain gave up on me
isa u will get an A if u did well in P12 :)
if not then isa u will get not less than B :) isa the gt will be low
CONCENTRATE on the remaining exam :)
WISH U GOOD LUCK

Reaction score
I got so nervous i left 3 questions! do you think I can get a B? or should i expect a C? I think i might lose about 20 marks all because i was so nervous my brain gave up on me

If u think u have scored 72+ in P1 then definately u can expect an A ..cz ik a person who just attempted 15 marks in M1 and got 74 in p1 and ended up with an A..ie exact 80% marks so definately there's a possibility.

Reaction score
If you did good it does not mean it was easy cuz i can say that paper 1 was freaking easy except the 2 mark question does it then makes the paper easy for every one obviously no , and btw the threshold can not be b/w 40-45 as last year paper which was comparatively easy had 38 for an A
I say threshold will be 30-32, I have done a paper with A at 30, which was comparatively easy

Last edited:
Reaction score
The paper was tougher than all previous ones, in my opinion. I voted normal considering my paper went pretty good but honestly, most people thought it was harder than M/J 2013. M/J 2013 was easier and yet it had a GT of 34. M/J 2014 would probably have similar GTs.

Q7 was tricky but what really pissed me off was the K.E. and P.E. question. I wasted a lot of time on that only to end up losing marks for an algebra mistake.