• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A complete guide to getting your Equivalence certificate

Reaction score
Hello. Thanks a lot for the elaborate guide. I just had one confusion. Is there any way to get the equivalence for both O-Level and A-Level at the same same time? As I need both the for the HEC attestation.

If the answer to that is yes, then how do I go about it? I mean should I fill two separate forms but how do I indicate that I need both?

Reaction score
Hello. Thanks a lot for the elaborate guide. I just had one confusion. Is there any way to get the equivalence for both O-Level and A-Level at the same same time? As I need both the for the HEC attestation.

If the answer to that is yes, then how do I go about it? I mean should I fill two separate forms but how do I indicate that I need both?
Yes, you would need to fill two separate forms.
You just tell them that you need both equivalences at once and it won't be a problem as long as you provide all the supporting documents of O and A Level.
I hope that answers your question.

Reaction score
Since a lot of you would be having their o/a level results next month, I have made a video guide about the procedure of O/A Level equivalence. The link is at the top of my first post, please check it out, thank you!

Reaction score
I have a question. Is the overseas equivalence same as the Pakistani one? Why the difference of subjects? A friend of mine is doing IGCSE from Malaysia, if he gets overseas equivalence, he won't need to take Pakistan Studies and Islamiat, right? but I think the IBCC equivalence does require 8 compulsory subjects (including the 3 elective ones), am I right?

Reaction score
I have a question. Is the overseas equivalence same as the Pakistani one? Why the difference of subjects? A friend of mine is doing IGCSE from Malaysia, if he gets overseas equivalence, he won't need to take Pakistan Studies and Islamiat, right? but I think the IBCC equivalence does require 8 compulsory subjects (including the 3 elective ones), am I right?
Hey! Nice to hear from you after a long time.
There's no such thing as overseas equivalence. If you're appearing for any exam other than FSC/Matric, you MUST have the IBCC equivalence.
Since your friend is giving IGCSE from Malaysia, he only needs Maths, English language and 3 more electives. Nothing more or less.
8 is only required if you're giving your exams from Pakistan. Baseless rule but that's how it is

Reaction score
Guys I got D's in my A-Levels which include Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
And I got C in Maths.
However, I secured 1400 on my SAT.
Are there any chances I get good scholarship to study in USA?
If yes then can you recommend me some universities according to my scores?

Reaction score
What do I write in: "Title of Certificate/Diploma in the Language of the Country where obtained __________"?
It has me confused.

Reaction score
As well as my previous unanswered question. Does it matter if you give a Certificate OR a Marksheet of your CIE O-level results?

Reaction score
What do I write in: "Title of Certificate/Diploma in the Language of the Country where obtained __________"?
It has me confused.
Please check the video at the top of the thread, I have mentioned that link.
In that you mention FSC/Matric or A Level/ O Level

Reaction score
https://tribune.com.pk/story/189909...-equivalence-certificates-ibcc-hec-tells-lhc/

The links saying equivalence is no longer needed is kind of true but only for the case of Romana (you must read article to understand). One of my colleagues contacted IBCC and they told that it's just an annonucement, no paperwork done so far. Also universities would still need the equivalence so please don't get all relaxed. Unless your concerned university updates on its website that an equivalence isn't required, it's mandatory!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I had already created a textual guide on O A Level Equivalence
Last year, I created videos on the topic as well on the Youtube channel
This time, I decided to create a blog and put everything at one place:

What does the blog include?
Please share this blog so it can help all those in confusion. It's all voluntary and free of cost!

Reaction score
is it possible to get your equivalence made if you have a single U in A levels? my other results are good but i failed physics and am worried i won't be able to get a certificate. any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
is it possible to get your equivalence made if you have a single U in A levels? my other results are good but i failed physics and am worried i won't be able to get a certificate. any help would be appreciated
No. The last acceptable grade is E. That means EEE is the max acceptable result for equivalence. I'm sorry but you'll have to retake it.

Reaction score
No. The last acceptable grade is E. That means EEE is the max acceptable result for equivalence. I'm sorry but you'll have to retake it.
what if you want a general sciences group qualification? on the website there's no minimum grade for that

Reaction score
what if you want a general sciences group qualification? on the website there's no minimum grade for that
It depends. If you took more than 3 subjects then depends on your group. For exact details you'll have to visit their office

Reaction score
If anyone wants to calculate their equivalence using a calculator, kindly visit the blog I made specifically to offer all guidance on the O/A Level equivalence topic! It's basically the whole original post including additional helpful material! :)

https://oalevelequivalence.wordpress.com